• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sand blasting question

M215

Hello SS,
What is the going rate to pay someone to sand blast and prime a bare vehicle frame?

I have the halftrack frame stripped down to rails and cross members. Had planned to blast it myself, don't really have the time and our weather has been wet and cold to try this outside.

Thanks, Karl

BIGNICK

its about $100 an hour or about 750-1000 to do your frame. I am located in new jersey by philly. 3 hour ride from you

M215

sand blasting

Hello SS,
Found a local company that uses portable equipment, blasted the frame and winch bumper $325.
Used our track loader to flip the frame over so they could easily blast both sides.
Had to work fast to prime the frame before dark, hope to apply a coat or two of OD tomorrow.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks