• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sanding Reveals Mystery Bumper # Help

tklm539

Well, I did a little DA sanding on the front bumper today. I found different numbers in white decals under all the paint.

The top numbers were

42-IF-258 --- Field Artillery out of Jamica NY

now I find

42-IF104 --- I know its still 42nd infantry but I can find no reference to 104

on the other side I had SVS2-A Vehicle 2 Battery A

now

B-13 on Drivers Side and I can find no record of this either. I am not sure what I have.
Any help would be great. I also found original white star and yellow bridge # on door.

Thanks

Tom

tklm539

Of 104 is the MP Division, I cannot find any reference for a B13

Here if what I found from the 42nd's site

104 MILITARY POLICE BATTALION
HHD 104 MILITARY POLICE BN Kingston
727 MP LAW & ORDER Det Poughkeepsie
107 MP Co Utica
442 MP Co Jamaica
206 MP Co Schenectady
1427 (-) MEDIUM TRUCK Co Glens Falls
Det 1 1427 MED TRK Co

???????????????????????

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It just so happens that the 104th MP BN is right up the road from me, and the 258th FA down the road.. I'll see what I can find out when I go there next for work. Only one battery of the 258th is in Jamaica.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're one of the lucky ones - I sanded mine and found that the military had ground the numbers off with a sanding disc when they surplused it out. Not legible. I am currently marking my truck with unit numbers from the local VA ARNG unit...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks