• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Santa Was Here

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, today my rear wiring harness came in. I now have a complete wiring harness for my crane. Don't know when I'll install it but hopefully soon. This thing is getting really close to roadtrip ready. I need almost nothing to get it ready. Just time now! Woo-hoo! If anyone needs a rear harness, got this one from Front Line MVs. Its actually for a deuce dump but will work perfectly for my application. $49.50 is about as cheap as you will find for a rear harness.

M35guy

Hey Kenny, you oughta just take some vacation time or something and finish that beast up.

m108

Kenny,I saw your posts on converting the M108 to a multifuel .I bought a parts truck recently to do the same to mine. I think I sent you some pictures of my boom awhile back. Good to hear you are close to roadtrip time.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes Sir Andy. I got the pics and thanks again. I drove it about 5 miles from the house last week but without the benefit of lights and the such. Its just one piece at a time now. Welcome to Steel Soldiers Andy

m108

I know how one piece at a time is,thanks for the welcome.Joe Shannon pointed me to this site when I asked about a multifuel swap.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't even know brother Joe, knew of us here! Have you found the original thread where I actually did the swap? It was a lot of work but very much worth it.

m108

He sent me a link to it. I haven't started yet , it will be the biggest job like that I have tried up to this point.I have most of a 1967 Kaiser M35 with a D turbo and air shift to use for parts.

m108

Thanks Kenny ,I probably will have some questions when I get started.My wife usually is somewhere around with her camera.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Andy, I can tell from her pics and story in MV Magazine! I toiled with the swap figuring I would be thrashed by the purist for changing such a rare truck. I have to tell you, i'm absolutely delighted with the way it's turned out and its still all military.

m108

Kenny, what you did is just upgrade it like it would have been in the service. I think from what I've gathered reading the posts your engine was toast and from what checking around I've done rebuilding the REO gasser may cost as much as a multi conversion. The engine in my truck now is very weak.My wife was very proud of that story even though the editor changed it somewhat .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks