• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saraland, Alabama m-998 Mechanics?

johndoe007

Hi guys,

I am looking for someone to go over a truck I recently purchased before I try and make the ride home in it. Anyone have any experience or suggestions?

Thanks in advance

NormB

At work right now, between patients.

I bid on a truck in Nashville last fall - missed it by $50, which is probably a good thing - and there was a shipper, guy who posts on this board who's based in Alabama who offered to go up to inspect the truck for what I thought were reasonable rates.

I somehow deleted the PM, but I MAY have his details on my home computer in email.

I'll try and find it later, meanwhile he - or someone like him - may come along presently to help.

It's a good idea, I think, instead of buying sight unseen. Even sight SEEN you can miss things (look into my posts on replacing the transfer case, for example).

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are planning to drive it from Alabama to CT i suggest you look very hard at having it transported

johndoe007

I had this great idea- I bought an ex navy seal zodiac in Galveston TX. So I figured buy this drive to Galveston throw the boat in the back then drive both to Miami. Spend a night in Biloxi on the way and ship North from Miami after I drop the boat off. But the blow by on the hummer is puffing like a train so I was wondering if there was someone who could tell me if maybe its an injector or if the engine has bad rings and a shot piston and sleeve. In which case I will definitely ship to CT.

NormB

Hi guys,I am looking for someone to go over a truck I recently purchased before I try and make the ride home in it. Anyone have any experience or suggestions? Thanks in advance
SS user was "AIRBORNEROBM" and I got in touch with him through uship, which quoted me $1050 initially, then it got down to $923 for the trip. He's near Madison, AL.

Ask him.