• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saved from scrap, what to do...

Milspec33

Yesterday I picked up this early M151 before it went to scrap. It has pop up floor drains and the underside is not too bad except for the front cross-member. I know there are some re-pop panels out there now I am trying to decide if I am going to go stock, semi-tube frame or sell it.
I am open to suggestions.
Thanks,

p side.jpgrear.jpgside d.jpg

dilligaf13

Unless you have ample time, money, and mechanical ability that looks like it would make a better donor rig, so others can complete their restoration, than it does a resto' project. That's just my 2 cents..

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I've taken on some REAL challenges but I don't think I would have given that poor thing much interest. You have some tires/wheels and axles but the rest is gonna be a money pit.

I guess if you have a wrecked beyond repair donor you could swap stuff out and come out OK but if you have to buy stuff to bring her back to life...I say pull the plug and let her die in peace.:whistle:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's one of those vehicles where you can say "the only thing I could use on it was the shadow!" Seriously, with Cameron Mfg making so many panels now, it has hope to be a survivor.

Milspec33

Thanks for the feedback,
I just cant kill it, I have a full shop and good skill set. It may take a LONG time but I think I will work in it, especially when I am frustrated with my day job!
I have decided against a restoration, I am going to keep the original body lines, military look and the independent suspension and go modern.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Thanks for the feedback,
I just cant kill it, I have a full shop and good skill set. It may take a LONG time but I think I will work in it, especially when I am frustrated with my day job!
I have decided against a restoration, I am going to keep the original body lines, military look and the independent suspension and go modern.
Might I suggest you keep some good pics of what she looks like now so when you do whatever mods/ modern stuff you do to her the "Original Police" can't say you butchered/altered a good M151?

Milspec33

I took more pics today while working on the rear body panel and pass. side rear corner. The pics do not show the good (The subframe is pretty good)
While knocking in the sheet metal she shed a ton of rust:tigger:

Milspec33

It is an uncut body and it is awesome that Cameron Mfg. is making high quality panels!! Finally a way to fix up a 151 without having every piece of fab equipment. I love tools but I have champagne taste on a beer budget2cents

Milspec33

IMG_0625.jpgIMG_0627.jpg
I have cut off what was left of the body and now I have a naked MUTT. Time to work on the frame and then build a tub style body that looks stock on the outside. I want to do a resto-rod build and drop a Toyota diesel in with other updates.

GerryM

Wow Looks like a complete rebuild . The panels are out there at cameron and a few other places. Theres still some power packs out there just remember that many need a rebuild.
all of the other parts are there too. Just may take some time to locate them. Set your self up on G838. the guys there ar really helpful and know a lot small dealers that can help with parts.
Good luck and i hope you save that 151

m715mike

I am going to go M-151 FAV on it View attachment 570334
View attachment 572625View attachment 572626
I have cut off what was left of the body and now I have a naked MUTT. Time to work on the frame and then build a tub style body that looks stock on the outside. I want to do a resto-rod build and drop a Toyota diesel in with other updates.

Action.... Gratuitous Nudity... This thread gets better with every post!!!!

I'm looking forward to following your build. You have a neat project on your hands, and it will be fun to watch your progress.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks