• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

saved from scrapper

AMGeneral

Well,the truck with the boom on it is either a M108 or something with a M108 bed,difficult to tell without seeing the front.

The GMC in the background looks to have a well drilling rig mounted on it maybe?

If you need help moving them I have a 915 tractor and 172A1 lowboy.

I may even be interested in a few things if he is selling them.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Western is right! It's an Austin Western bed from an M108 for sure. Several folks looking for parts on one if you scrap it. Pity is met it's demise on that truck.

Rockcrusher

yeap there here hanging out needing a new home. im workin on getting the crane was told it worked about 10 yrs ago. there is a crane on a set of tandems looked like had been cut loose from cab on the way to myrtle beach sc on 501 sitting in a junk yard

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good saves there, any time green iron is saved from the scrap pile, Pvt. Angel gets a set of jump wings in heaven, or something like that.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rockcrusher!!!! was this stuff at the same place you were tellin
me about that had the Goat? I am still very interested in that!!!!
Give me a yell back when ya can...........popacom / BILL in Ky [thumbzup]

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you need a hand with anything, or want someone to go with to let you know what everything is, I'd be glad to. I work at Shaw AFB, it's only like 2hr from MB