• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saved one! 1975 M880

Greasy

Anyone know where I can find a dash pad? The one on my truck is crumbling. I can live with the glove box pad being cracked, but the giant hole above the gauges bothers me. I checked on-line and nothing jumped out at me.

1stSarge

Congrats on your MV! I have always loved those, that’s what we drove in the military (am I betraying my age? ). I looked long and hard for one, but could never make the connection. Finally decided to take the plunge with a CUCV, although I’m not near as comfortable with working on a 6.2 as I would be a 318, I do love it.
Good Save!

Greasy

Thanks 1stsarge. I owned a 82 6.2 1/2 chevy truck a few years ago. Dam GP timers! Superised how well full time 4x4 and small carb runs!

Bob h,
Looking for a radiator overflow bottle, pintle, rear view mirror and mabey a rear drive line (need to check out).

Pawnshop

Good save Sir! I really do not want to have anything to do with gasoline burners, but those trucks are just too cool, I think I will eventually own one, and if I could snatch one from the jaws of the crusher that would be the cherry on top!

Greasy

Bob H,
Overflow tank. Noticed that after I posted :oops:. A friend is going to scrap an early 90s dodge truck cab sitting around. Going to pull the interior dome light cover and assembly, door seals, aluminum sill plates (better than mine) and door striker pins. One thing I've learned over the years, "You can never have enough extra parts":-D.

Elwenil

I got tired of the flat spotting thing with my Boggers so I went with the 37" Radials. That and all the 36s I found were pretty old and not worth the asking price.

chriskonen

Nice save!! Looks to be in great shape minus a few missing parts. Mine has the same missing parts, it's fair share of rust and it cost me $1000, so well done on the save. Thanks for posting pics after the lift kit, I was kicking around the idea of a 4" lift and 35's, now I have a good idea of what it will look like. Did you lose any turning radius with the bigger shoes? Any rubbing? Just curious. Great truck, good luck with her!

Greasy

Nice save!! Looks to be in great shape minus a few missing parts. Mine has the same missing parts, it's fair share of rust and it cost me $1000, so well done on the save. Thanks for posting pics after the lift kit, I was kicking around the idea of a 4" lift and 35's, now I have a good idea of what it will look like. Did you lose any turning radius with the bigger shoes? Any rubbing? Just curious. Great truck, good luck with her!
Thanks! When I first did the lift and tires, I did not have the P/S done. Turning to the right was really affected. The tire contacts the drag link nut with the tire(bad). Now that I have installed P/S off a 91 W-200, the problem is solved. P/S by far the best modification I have done yet. Lift and tires look cool, steering with one finger, priceless :grin:!

chriskonen

Good to know, thanks. Fortunately mine was already converted to power steering when I bought it. Guess it's a trade off for all of the body panels I have to replace that are rusted out lol. It's been a slow but steady quest for parts, but that's been half of the fun :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks