• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saving 6TL batteries with EDTA

jatonka

I have been saving my old batteries for a couple years now, just waiting to hear more about the longevity of our used batteries that have been treated with the EDTA cleansing solution and recharged with new acid. Anyone out there with some feedback on how it has worked out for you? Thank you, JT out :?:

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: Saving 6TL batteries with EDTA

Articles I've done on EDTA have appeared in Military Vehicles Magazine, Old Cars Weekly, and a John Deere enthusiast magazine that escapes my mind at the moment - likely one of these is on line.

I'll try to get more specific about when/where later today.

DD

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I have tried it, but that was before David's article and perhaps I did miss something because it was a complete failure.

citizensoldier

Doyle can you post one of them arcticles on here so we can read it? I have 4 of these I would love to save and re-use in my wrecker..
I topped two off with electrolite and they took a charge and passed the load test. The other two will not seem to take a charge.. Choroded rods I suspect? I am on the darks side of the moon when it comes to this stuff so laymen terms please..
Bjorn : Can you tell us more about this process and what happened ? I priced out new ones and man if I could just save the other two...

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor

My publishing agreements would not allow me to post the articles here - but I think one of them is already on line (by the publisher) - I'll look into that.

DD

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: Saving 6TL batteries with EDTA

citizensoldier said:
Bjorn : Can you tell us more about this process and what happened ? I priced out new ones and man if I could just save the other two...
It's like 5 years ago and I followed instructions from googled hits, lots of them.
It's a bit dangerous with handling the acid, so be careful. I still have at least 4 batteries and haven't given up hope. :)

jasonjc

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Saving 6TL batteries with EDTA

MVM FEB 2004 issue #101 pg 103 "Rejuvenating old batteries" by David Doyle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks