• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saving Deuce and 5 ton parts from going to China!

ProPower

Guys I'm heading out there Saturday to pickup a bed with bows, soft top frame and a few other things! Please let me know if your interested in anything . THE END IS NEAR!

hummer4x4guy

Durand Michigan trucks and trailers soon to be scrapped....

The following photos are taken from a private owner in the Durand Michigan area who is getting ready to scrap 2.5 and 5 ton truck parts and beds.
He gave permission to list his phone # and anyone who speaks with him sets up meeting and going to the place where the items are listed.
There are a few beds and another large winch and fenders and axles and tires and rims and on and on.
Phone # is 517-202-5586 ask for Don.

Attachments

Heath_h49008

I could use some bows and even that old cover. Did you get the axles? I was only looking for one, but it seemed he was only selling them as sets. (The front axles are the only ones that are worth much, and all I want is a spare rear/pumpkin)

Any extra wheels or decent tires would be good too if the price is right. I'm just looking for spares and I'll definitely beat the scrappers price.

Heath_h49008

I called and left a message.

Any chance you might know anything about that M105? Or how much he wanted for the stuff? I would gladly beat the scrappers price, and I could use spares/parts. Are any of you guys local if it has to be picked up immediately? I have cash, but the time to get my truck ready and over to the East side of the state may pose a problem.

Payment for any help of course.

ProPower

I went out there yesterday and picked out a few things and I'll be going back on Monday. Today he shipped off a perfect deuce bed ,the one with the tarp and bows filled full of lots of goodies! This is a total shame guys!

ProPower

Heath , I think he's keeping the 105 for a wood trailer! And yes there's alot of good tires with decent tread that are not dry rotted. Also I am willing to pick things up for people if needed, It's only 10 minutes from my house!

Last edited:

Heath_h49008

As long as it is going to someone who needs it and not to a scrapper, I'm cool with it.

If you make it out there tomorrow, see what he has left and what he wants. My phone number is 269-217-4489. I have cash, or can use postal money orders/paypal etc.

Very interested in the M105 and any bows/tarps... extra wheels and parts would be nice, but I have a feeling I won't be able to pay what the winch stuff and axles will go for.

6x6TRex

Call him for prices everyone! Don is a great guy to talk to!

Does he have any good tires on rims? Some without dry rotted sidewalls? If so how much each? Thanks!
Most of the deuce rims had dry rotted tires but some looked ok. They have sat for the last 10-15 years or so, so condition is unknown.
I called and left a message.

Any chance you might know anything about that M105? Or how much he wanted for the stuff? I would gladly beat the scrappers price, and I could use spares/parts. Are any of you guys local if it has to be picked up immediately? I have cash, but the time to get my truck ready and over to the East side of the state may pose a problem.

Payment for any help of course.
I am 1 mile from his house where the parts are located. Call him for a price on the M105, he has 2, one with bows and one without.
how much for the winch? is it the Hydraulic 5ton version? And will he ship it?
He has a complete deuce winch setup; pto, pto lever, driveshaft, frame brackets, and winch for $1000. You will have to call him and arrange shipping, he will put it on a pallet for a fee for his time.
I went out there yesterday and picked out a few things and I'll be going back on Monday. Today he shipped off a perfect deuce bed ,the one with the tarp and bows filled full of lots of goodies! This is a total shame guys!
Just the deuce bed with canvas cover was picked up today by I believe usmcm35a2
Heath , I think he's keeping the 105 for a wood trailer! And yes there's alot of good tires with decent tread that are not dry rotted. Also I am willing to pick things up for people if needed, It's only 10 minutes from my house!
Both 105s and maybe all of the water buffalos are for sale, he may be keeping one. The deuce tires have sat for the last 10-15 years or so, so condition is unknown.
If you make it out there tomorrow, see what he has left and what he wants. My phone number is 269-217-4489. I have cash, or can use postal money orders/paypal etc.
Very interested in the M105 and any bows/tarps... extra wheels and parts would be nice, but I have a feeling I won't be able to pay what the winch stuff and axles will go for.
I went over there today with Joel to get some more parts and to talk to him. He still has everything and is willing to wait untill next week to take it all to the scrapyard. He had just started to cut up the M62 today. The trailers looked to be in great shape, just need a good wash. He does have lots of deuce troop seats and bows but all of the wood needs to be replaced. I didn't see any extra deuce tarps but give him a call and ask him.

6x6TRex

Prices that I do know, everything else give him a call

Complete deuce winch setup; pto, pto lever, driveshaft, frame brackets, and winch $1000

Complete set of 3 duece rockwells $1500 he has 2 sets

Deuce bed $200 2 left without covers

Heath_h49008

Just spoke with him in-between classes... he seemed to think the trailers were worth "at least" a $1000 each. I told him roadworthy in good condition M105s are running $500 give or take, and his response was "Oh..."

He has no idea what these are actually worth, but seems to have been looking on Ebay at some of the pricier sellers and fully restored stuff that hasn't been sitting in a field for over 10 years.

He seems like a good guy, but he's behind the curve on prices and might think people are trying to take advantage of him/his dad.

If you call, or stop out, you might want to go slowly and explain if the price seems high. He seems reasonable, but under pressure to clear the stuff out while trying to get the best he can.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks