• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saw these Unimogs

JCole

Future reference for Texans: If you're gonna screw up and get stuck, TAKE THE LICENSE PLATE OFF before the pictures are taken.
I'm not from your country, however I doubt Big Brother and Echelon are interested in Texans who happen to be stuck off-road.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not from your country, however I doubt Big Brother and Echelon are interested in Texans who happen to be stuck off-road.
I was more concerned about him embarrassing the rest of us Texans by getting stuck in the first place. We'll make exceptions, of course. If Gimpy wants to move to TX we'll curse anyone that brings up his unfortunate tire orientation in future threads.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He didn't screw up and get stuck. He purposely tested the limits of traction and gravity. :) When we go out there we expect to push some limits.

Where's the Texas pride [thumbzup]

Future reference for Texans: If you're gonna screw up and get stuck, TAKE THE LICENSE PLATE OFF before the pictures are taken.

spicergear

Yep, a little rear ballast helps with road manners. What a fully dressed 20,000lb Garwood with 270' of 5/8" and full level wind weigh? 500? A buddy of mine has a 416 (long wheelbase, 20" longer) and has hundreds of pounds of ballast on the rear from a German team that had ran it. Also, check out the factory rear counterweights on the MB-94. Whew.

Attachments

vtunimog

The infamous SEE overloaded and totally ineffective freightliner supplied variant of the 406. If you take off the rear backhoe/front bucket driving it otherwise the 40 mph is a true white knuckle ride

spicergear

The three bolt and three bolt curved pattern on each side give them away quick. I passed a rollback the other day and he had one at the front of the bed- ...that surprised me as it didn't even look too old either. Maybe a re-bed on a new chassis.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks