• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saw this posted over at G503.com

NEIOWA

not street legal ????? like the m35 or anything else that some of us here own ...

Year of production is the point.

the only reason that they are not let out to the public, is the deal that they have with the people at hummer .. they want to get thier hundred grand for the H1 .. .and they cant get that if the gov. is dumping all thier old trucks at bargan basment prices .

Irrelevant and incorrect info. In any case the "H1" is being dropped my GM.

uncle sam pays about 30 grand for a truck .. we pay well over 80 for the same thing with diffrent doors , seats, wheels .. all the thing that make them the coin ....

Theoritically price of an M988 is $34735. M988A1 is $36076.

Same thing???? There is about as much similarity as between a M998 and an H1 as between one of those aluminum/canvas folding camp chairs and a new Lazyboy.

if it was safety that they were concerned about .. they wouldnt let the brits sell that little mini in the USofA

Nonsense, any car sold in the US has to meet and pass the same set of "safety" standards and tests.

just my 2c

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the A2 humvees are 70K+ depending on what variaent you get. Back for the inital humvee contract, they were 36K, the price has gone up ALOT since then.

ElkyRacer

Bringing another post up from the dead.

I work there at RRAD, the base mentioned in the first post. I promise you we dont scrap ANY HMMWV. We have a heck of a assembly/rebuild line putting out up to 32 M998s a day. That is a ground up refurbishing with all rebuilt or new components. And where I work, we refurbish the 1097A2s, 997s, 1113s, and our latest, the 1114s. We will take a trashed up armor and build it back to new re-using any parts useable, as well as updating them with the latest improvments. The 1097A2s, 997s, and 1113s are a repair job only.
There are probably THOUSANDS of 998s on depot awaiting to be sent off. And those are going to be joined after the first of the year as the production is ramping up and shipments from SW Asia are coming in by the truckloads. Its a busy place!

The base also refurbishes, Bradley Fighting Vehicles, HMMETTs, FMTVs, 5 tons, 2 1/2 tons(on occasion), MLRS, SEE Trucks, 4 and 10k Forklifts, and more!

Kyle (I love my job) :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks