• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Say Hello & Show Off My M1009

alphadeltaromeo

RE: Re: RE: Say Hello & Show Off My M1009

Would you purchase one from him again? It seems like over all the vehicle was great...just a few nagging things.

IRWFO

Yes I would buy again. I found Tom the owner to be honest. If he lists one of his trucks as rust free I'm sure it will be. When I was there he was half done with a M1008. The truck was just painted & completely striped of windows, bumpers, lights, ect. My paint has no hint of taping around lights & window trim. I just wish he would have treated my rust area's first before painting so I don't have to now. Just so everybody knows I'm critiquing all the little things about the truck. Just today at the local do it yourself car wash I had several people talk to me about how mint the truck is. One of my MV club members has been talking to Tom about an upcoming M1009. If he gets it I'm going down with him to pick it up. One last thing is he just got some tan M1009's that have big holes cut out of the top of the cap. He thinks they were using them as gun trucks. Thought that was interesting.

alphadeltaromeo

I really appreciate all the good information that you've shared. I've looked at alfaheaven for quite some time now. I may very well purchase one from him in the future. I like how yours looks and I too have found him to be quite detailed with his descriptions when I've spoken with him. What you've shared has been a great help...many thanks.

Andy

IRWFO

Yes I would buy again. I found Tom the owner to be honest. If he lists one of his trucks as rust free I'm sure it will be.
As my truck is in the body shop to have the rocker panels replaced my heart sank as they cut the drivers one off. Alfa Heaven packed so much bondo on my truck that I wasted my time trying to repair the body. Now that me and the body guy went through the truck this morning Tom and his guys even skim coated the floor before painting to make it look good. The full repair can be made with lots of new sheet metal but it just won't be worth it. So my guy is going to replace the rockers and that is the last $$$ being invested in my truck. Now I will be looking for something else:cry:. I'll post photos of the mess tonight.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks