• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Say hello to Chris and Tugger

TheAxeman

Good morning everybody. I just wanted to check in and introduce myself. My name is Chris and I am from Long Island, NY. I am now the proud new owner of an M37 and am looking forward to gleaning some information off the board and meeting some new people in the future.

I picked up the truck on Tuesday in upstate NY and had it transported the 300 miles to my home here in Sag Harbor.
Evidently the truck started its life as a USAF vehicle. It was purchased in New Mexico from a Navajo fellow who had "installed" an amulet in the cab to ward off bad juju. The amulet has been there for 27 years so there it shall stay. The PO that I bought it from had driven it from New Mexico to upstate New York!

Overall the truck is in excellent shape having been kept in dry, heated storage for the past 1/4 decade. The gas tank and battery need to be reinstalled into their original positions and the heater needs hooking up but that is about it. I'm going to be painting some USMC stenciling on the truck in honor of my son and am really looking forward to using it locally and hoping to do some trail rides in New England. Hopefully at some point I'll be able to contribute something constructive to the forum but until then I'll probably be more of a reader than poster. Thanks for having me!

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site, Chris. That's a great looking M37.

There is an excellent Steel Soldiers NY rally with some great trail riding and there is also a great New England Rally. You can find information in the rally forum.

91W350

I am sure that truck got more attention in the road home than a transport of new Corvettes would have. We have a few M37s floating around my area, but they all seem to have the same problem.... "NOT FOR SALE" Thanks for sharing and I would like to see the amulet too, not sure what one is, but I am headed off to google it now! Glen

Well... that was quick, I have been wearing one of sorts around my neck for years. The "Policeman's Prayer"

Last edited:

No.2Diesel

Hi and welcome to the site!

If you need any help with mech. issues or parts resources I can point you in the right direction as there a bunch of good folks who own M37s locally.

Enjoy your new ride, it looks great!

TheAxeman

I am sure that truck got more attention in the road home than a transport of new Corvettes would have.

Thanks for the welcome fella's. Its funny that you should say that about the Corvettes. The driver of the rig told me he hates carrying interesting vehicles like Tugger because everyone pulls up next to him on the highway to rubberneck, making for a dangerous situation for him.

Well, when he got here I had to take it off the truck because no parking brake made it a little bit dicey removing the straps from the wheels. He was extremely concerned that I was going to dump it off the car carrier and he breathed a sigh of relief when it was finally on solid ground. Of course they had left one of the many power consuming unmarked and unknown toggle switches on during the trip and the battery was stone dead. A short trip to AutoZone for a new one and it started up like a champ.....The delay in moving it into my yard gave the neighbors a place to gather for a couple of hours to ponder my sanity.

I'll post a picture of the mysterious amulet tomorrow.

91W350

"gave the neighbors a place to gather for a couple of hours to ponder my sanity"

My neighbors just shake their heads, they know I have lost it...... with just a few exceptions, the guys at work do not understand the green fever either. Glen

O.D. Fever

Welcome, and the neighbors will call on you when they get stuck in the snow and all will be well. My wife is a local post lady and my M.V.'s are the Howard City Postal Recovery Trucks. The mail must go thru... just the bills, the paychecks can wait. Joe:smile:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Chris and welcome to SS from the ND chapter (we are the small one) there are a few other 37s on the site and loke those yours looks to be a truck to be proud of, really nice looking truck you have there. From the stenciling side I have gotten all mine through Rick Larsen great quality and good service Chris. Good luck and very ncuie to hear from you, keep the site posted with plenty of pics WE love those!
KK

mikey

This is the first time I've shed a tear on the SS website.

Welcome to the site. As a former Marine I just want to say God bless your family and Jordan.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived."

-- George Patton

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Very nice truck.

Sag Harbor eh. I use to go to Rocky Point a bunch. The old missile base next to the reactor. Did a clean up job there in my former job. Also have a lot of time in the Valley Stream and Floyd Bennett Field area. Some really neat places outside the city.

Welcome to the site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks