• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Say TTFN to the M60!

armytruck63

My son-in law used to work for Barnett. They are a great company. I see they donated their steerable 12 axle rig, probably their most expensive setup.

Dalton Trucking in Fontana moved a Soviet T-54 tank to the 2004 ATHS convention in Fontana free of charge.

dittle

Check these Tanks in this video. I was in the operation. Can you tell what Model they are? I always thought that they were M60's

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zwNT2P25J4[/media]

Best guess would be a M48, no black exhaust fumes to give away the diesel. Plus it has the muzzle brake like the M48. Couldn't tell but the front looks curved as well.

Stan Leschert

Rail move is the only way. Too bad that Uncle won't help to show history.
My personal thanks to you and the museum crew, for what you do,
to preserve that chunk of history, and let just anybody see it.

That's dedication!
We need more people cut of the same cloth, and sponsors with pockets!!!!
Deep... preferably!:D

TacticalTruck

My Bulldog is going next week. The movie takes place in CONUS circa 1977. Typical movie, they focus on details yet miss the big picture. Watch for MERDEC painted M35A3s.

Jeff

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it IS lighter than an M46, 47, 48, 60 or M1A1, which all, except for the M46, are well over 100k lbs. The 551 weighs in at around 33k.

944B

The only variant of the m60 series mbt that made it to vietnam was the m728 combat engineers vehicle. All other m60 and m60a1's were fielded to europe to face the warsaw pact.
In vietnam units fielded the m48 or transitioned to the m551 sheridan as the war progressed.