• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saying Good Bye

vtdeucedriver

Watched my 1st deuce leave the yard today on a flat bed bound for florida. I always said that I would never sell it. Did a lot of shows with it. She did get neglected a bit when the "others" showed up but she always played well and never gave any complaints.

As far as deuces go, she was a nice one, still had a semi gloss interior and still does today as I never painted it, just the floors.

I know I am going to have regrets selling this one.......................any of you had regrets on any that you have owned??????

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It's always tough to say good bye......... I have seen many Mopars leave my keep

TheBuggyman

Wow, good looking truck. I feel your pain.
I sold my '67 rs Camaro and the enclosed trailer it was in to appease my wife and cried like a baby when it left.

Two weeks later my EX-wife left me.

I did not cry. :twisted:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Beautiful Deuce, Jeff! I traded my desert tan CARC M35A2 and my pioneer tool trailer for the 404 Unimog that I recently sold. The mog was fun, but I still miss my deuce and tool trailer. It was nowhere near as nice as the one you just let go, but it had a lot of sentimental value. I hope to get another one some day soon. I might even paint it desert tan too :D In my experience, selling a MV is kind of like losing a pet. You hurt until you get another one :(

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its always tough to see them leave. It will get a little better. We need a support group for this. I sold my last M35A2 in early 2004 and watching drive away was difficult. I sold it because I couldn't justify the proper care and feeding of 2 deuces. Boy was I wrong. I just had to get another deuce. Hang in there.

jatonka

I just bought a piece of land to put a garage on to house my trucks, so now I have to sell some of my trucks to pay for the garage. I really don't want to sell the trucks so I do a lousy job of advertising them and don't run the car salesman routine just for the sale. It sucks being an addicted collector, now I must learn to sell not buy. I don't need a support group....I need an institution. JT out

vtdeucedriver

John, I am with you on this!!!!!! Reserve me a room and a straight jacket before I make any more decisions.............

No.2Diesel

My policy is to never sell anything and only buy things that would be practical as well as a luxury. That doesn't work out all the time though.

Inanimate objects and material posessions always take precedent over human beings. Especially female interests. The only exception to that rule is family.

carguy455

No.2Diesel said:
My policy is to never sell anything and only buy things that would be practical as well as a luxury. That doesn't work out all the time though.

Inanimate objects and material posessions always take precedent over human beings. Especially female interests. The only exception to that rule is family.

HOLY CRAP !!! You read my mind !! AND I got yelled at for the whole Inanimate objects vs female interests by her JUST ABOUT AN HOUR AGO !!!!

I guess it ISN'T just me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

IAN_M715

oops hit submit too soon, i meant to add that the guy i bought my M715 from didn't seem too shaken up by the sale but his wife couldnt believe he was actually going to sell it. What was even more surprising was that i was going to drive it back to massachusetts in the RAIN!!!. it had never been driven in the rain.

carguy455

IAN_M715 said:
hey gary, got any Ford 8N tractors kicking around up there? My Dad is on the lookout.
I got one, wrecked it several years ago, its in the barn apart, plan to put it back together someday.. I see them around occasionally, know where there are some, I will see about getting some prices.

Looking at an M715 hopefully sunday...was looking for an M37 but I hear this one is decent and complete.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks