• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SBC Water Pump!

rolling18

Just scored this Small block Chev Water pump for FREE!! new in box.
only thing is, I don't know exactly what vehicles its for the only marking on the box is
55-5077-11

After searching for how to make this into a WMO pump I cant find any that look like this to use as a guide.

Have any of you who have made WMO pumps out of these guide me in a direction to go with this? their are lots of "ports" and I don't know what is what

anyone recognize this and how to use it ? (yes im STILL searching for some tutorials or some refrences this particular pump)
thanks!!
Marc

Attachments

rolling18

yea thats what i thought too it's a 'NAPA"
and not quite sure how the liquid subposed to flow through this thing what ports to plug ect..

rolling18

yea ill do that tomorrow but mainly I need to know if anyone has seen a pump like this for using in a WMO setup and how to do it.. (STILL searching:):shock:

rolling18

DOOOH!!
glad it cost me nothing!!
maybe i can trade it for a OIL pump!!
thanks for the info, no wonder i'm having such a hard time finding info!!

is there a particular years/ makes that have the best suited OIL pump with little/ no modifications?

6x6TRex

Give me the NAPA part # and I can check what it fits.
I might be wrong but I dont think there is any way to turn a auto water pump into a WMO pump. Your best bet is to get any V8 oil pump (preferably from a SBC) and use it instead, you will have way better results.

I built my own WMO pump for ~$30 using parts I had laying around. I used a 1/4 HP motor, SBF oil pump, and a Napa 1759 Filter on a modified base (no relief valve). It pumps somewhere between 5-10 GPM.

Attachments

rolling18

Might be for a big block. Never heard of them being used for pumping WMO.
You need a SBC OIL PUMP for WMO, not a water pump!
Water pump won't work as it will not self prime.
Give me the NAPA part # and I can check what it fits.
I might be wrong but I dont think there is any way to turn a auto water pump into a WMO pump. Your best bet is to get any V8 oil pump (preferably from a SBC) and use it instead, you will have way better results.

I built my own WMO pump for ~$30 using parts I had laying around. I used a 1/4 HP motor, SBF oil pump, and a Napa 1759 Filter on a modified base (no relief valve). It pumps somewhere between 5-10 GPM.
thanks for the Infoi!
here is the part # 55-5077- 11
maybey they will let me trade for THE CORRECT PUMP.. NOT LIKLEY HEH

rickf

Water pump has to be part of a closed loop system to work and it is not designed to moved heavy fluids. The heater ports are only a small part of the overall system and will not work alone.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks