• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SC M211 Update

SturmTyger380

Since there has not been much G749 action on the site I decided to post pictures of the starter I redid over the last 3 weeks in the shop.

The starter that came on the M211 would only smoke when I tried it. I figured it was history since the metal cover was missing on the back of the starter.

I found a guy selling on online and bought that one. It looked old and tired but I put it on and got the engine started using that one.

I decided to take it off and clean it up. When I took the metal cover off the back it had worn out brushes and some corrosion.

So I took the original one apart and it was dirty but nicer inside and had like new brushes. It had a broken brush wire so I took that wire off of the old starter. Then I found the bendex would not turn, so I took the working bendex off of the old starter. After that the original one worked!

So it took two starters to get a nice repaired one. I cleaned it and kept the original paint scheme. Here is the result:

Picture 364.jpg Picture 365.jpg

Alan