• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scepter Spout Alternative

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have searched all over for a "look the part" type spout and have had no luck. I am not familiar with the "MTA" show. Can you fill me in?

panshark

anybody got a good replacement for those new EPA spouts on a regular can? I used one once, and returned it straightaway, after it leaked like crazy when I was emptying it into my motorcycle tank. Come to find out, you can't get a regular nozzle on a plastic gas can anymore...

tm america

anybody got a good replacement for those new EPA spouts on a regular can? I used one once, and returned it straightaway, after it leaked like crazy when I was emptying it into my motorcycle tank. Come to find out, you can't get a regular nozzle on a plastic gas can anymore...
ya those don't work to nicely.I was gonna buy some new fuel cans but didn't like the idea of how they work..Looked like a good way to spill fuel all over the place

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
it's an excellent way to spill fuel all over the place and create a fire hazard.
You're right. We should use the No Spill/No Pour/No Flow kiddie safety spout that they come with now. I thought I was smart enough to tie my cans down and pour fuel like a big boy, but CARB says no.

LOL - I've thrown the safety CARB spout away on every new can (three now) in the store trash can. Not even worth bringing home. The good ole fashioned spout from eBay (and under my truck's box seat) is just fine.

Albin

i have the metal cans will it work for those?
Since this version fits the inside threads of the MFC spout opening, it should fit the inside threads of the old metal Blitz style jerry can. This the metal jerry fuel can that has the round threaded cap, not the Nato type with it's trapazoidal cam-lock cap.

I don't know how well this version fits the MFCs though. I have about three of the MFC spouts, so I'm more than good.

FormerNewMVGuy

Thought i would post this , for those with bigger wallets....I was paging through my supplyline today and noticed that beachwood canvas will sell you a metal spout witha canvas cover for 39.95. A little pricey for those just wanting a spout, but the canvas covers are pretty fargin nice, and the spouts are original us spouts :)

All the original metal spouts i have bought, have been at military shows and swapmeets, so those wanting the real thing ,just keep your eyes open at the shows

panshark

Jimma, FYI that's not an EPA certified straw on my big gulp. It vents into the atmosphere. I don't have to worry about dripping all over my hands. I need to pick up a supply of them before the EPA puts out a new design.:-x

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks