• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

School me...

Mistaare

I'd sell you one of my M101A2s but it won't be below $1,000. ;-)
Thanks swbradley, I am really trying to keep this below $1000. But, just curious, what are you thinking?

I emailed stockton wheels to see how much three new rims would run, just curious.

Once again, thanks to all the useful information. I am now realizing that $1000 for the one found locally is a little over priced.

if any of you guys know of anyone looking to sell a A101 around Pa....
:mrgreen:

MarcusOReallyus

$1000 is too much, IMO.

I got my A2 from Ft. Meade for under $500, and it's in great shape. I use mine for hauling firewood, trash, and the occasional load of mulch or manure. Works great. Tires are big Michelin truck tires, and almost new.

When I want to dump (which isn't often), I just set the parking brakes and tilt the trailer. Farm jack under the tongue. Works fine.

I'd suggest you watch the GL auctions at Ft. Meade, and bide your time.

Mistaare

If by SF97 you mean getting it titled than yes. How long does that usually take? Are we talking weeks or months? I offered him some $ to hold if for me but never heard back.

Mistaare

I agree harley, I emailed the airport guy again and he never got back.

I am just exploring all my options. Where did you come across yours?

harleyhouse

I just contacted the seller and this is his reply:

Mark, I still have trailer. I was going to send in for title request from gov and its going to cost me $130.. I have it cheap because I'm moving and no title. If I take it with me, then I will get title and keep it. Thanks for info

I bought mine in Ohio for $500.00 but it took me a full day and $200.00 in added expenses to get it.

I don't think you can go wrong with the tan one. If I had the extra $$ it would be sitting beside my trailer today.

Mistaare

how difficult would it be for me to get it titled with bill of sale? I am assuming I couldn't legally use it on the road (registered and insured) if I didnt have a title?

Sorry about all the questions, I really do appreciate all the information.

tobyS

I bought 8 lug hummer wheels and tires because they are the same as Dexter 8 x 6.5", which is the same as one ton Dodge and Chevy and old Fords (new are 170mm). I have some Ford van 8 lugs that don't have such a big offset like the hummer (and 10k axles). So if you go for the 8 lug trailer, look to older van (16" x 8 x 6.5") wheels at a junk yard or find a way to get the clearance and use the hummer wheels and tires for a heavy load rating. Pulling it with a Toyota may be another issue...but 37" on a trailer would look way cool.

Mistaare

Just want to let you guys know that I picked up a M101 A2 last week. I found it about 2 hours from my house and the Tacoma didn't even notice it was back there on the drive home. It was built in '89 and there is little to no rust on it. There are a few scratches in the bed but they are just bare metal, no surface rust. Unfortunately he has to send in for a title which means I really cant use it until I get a title and get it registered (hopefully wont take to long). Things that need done:

-Build some sides for it
-it has the 9 pin plug, I need to figure out how to convert to the 7 pin on my truck (or just plan on running magnetic Harbor Freight Lights)
- I would like to get the bed lined with some type of spray in liner. Any of you have any experience doing this your self?

Thanks for all the information, I am sure I will be asking more questions down the road.

Attachments

Mistaare

Just curious, so I have a bill of sale for the trialer. The seller said he was/is going to submit paperwork to get a title issued, after that we would meet up and transfer the title over. I contacted him this week (its been 5 weeks) and he said, "I submitted yours along with another one and the serial number was XX. They said they all ready issued that number so I'm straightening out now. Had this problem before but worked it out." Just curious if anyone else has heard of this and/or how long it takes to get straightened out???

Also, is there ANY way of getting the trailer titled with just a bill of sale or will I have to sell it for "farm use only" and start my search all over again?

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks