• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Schott Enterprises -Or where to Find/Buy a HMMWV?

hwcurtice

Not really as 'Wanted' ad. Just a question.

Where does one find a HMMWV for sale? One that hasn't been trashed by the previous 20 owners and still has some life yet. Was thinking about Schott, but after ready some posts/threads here, not really sure I want to go all the way across the US to get one. I'd rather get one local anyway.

Before you say, Search ebay or craigslist, realize that I already know people that list them there think these things are worth gold or diamonds and won't take anything less than their collective weight in such precious metals or gems.

So the question remains, where did you get yours?

I can hardly wait for the responses: "What? They aren't worth their weight in gold? Since when?" ;-)

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I realize that, but I don't expect to spend $50,000 either. I can buy an H1 for that price...

But you didn't answer the real question...

50k? nahhh..... maybe for a REALY nice slant back with some armor....

but you can get a soft top for less than half that.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just me, but paying 25000+ would get me thinking WOW, I could BUY 4 maybe 5 or even 6 trucks for that, but then I would really be depressed because now I would have to make the decision WHAT TRUCK TO DRIVE aua

Though there are some 25000 stuff that I would pay that for, but still the inner fight of 1 versus 6

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know the guy selling that. Up and up guy, If I were to be looking at a HMMWV, i'd buy from him. Very nice and an honest individual. Plus he can hook you up with all kinds of trick parts for it!

wsucougarx

Beltfed has an armored one up on E**y for like $40,000. He's got the turrent, smoke dischargers etc on her. I'd provide a link to it that's not allowed....sorry

hwcurtice

Yeah, I saw that through a previous post/link to the g503.com website.

It's just a tad overdone for me.

I'd almost rather start from the stripped down ones and build up....

Or get an H1 from a private party and a can or two of spray paint to cover the non-green...

But thanks for the insight people!

Dealers want $15K more for H1 than private parties around here! OMG!

jjramrod

Hmmwv's aren't cheap but they are getting pretty cheap. You can find one for 15k. Way less than I Payed for my project. Just make Shure you take a good look at the frame rails and undercarriage. As that's the heart and sole of your vehicle and they get cut and welded back together or rust from the inside out. Just my 2 cents worth.

Truckoholic

Just me, but paying 25000+ would get me thinking WOW, I could BUY 4 maybe 5 or even 6 trucks for that, but then I would really be depressed because now I would have to make the decision WHAT TRUCK TO DRIVE aua

Though there are some 25000 stuff that I would pay that for, but still the inner fight of 1 versus 6

I am totally a "QUANTITY" over "Quality" kind of person. Ha ha. Yeah, I too have a problem justifying buying only one of something, when I could buy a bunch of something for the same price.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am totally a "QUANTITY" over "Quality" kind of person.

with that additude it sounds like if given the choice both of you would rather buy several cheap chinese made things instead of buying one, quality American made product.

Last edited:

hwcurtice

This wasn't meant to be a flame war. I just wanted to find out where people found the ones they bought.

GL isn't the place, that's for sure. Parts maybe, but not entire rigs.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It sounds like you already know where to find one. You mentioned nearly every avialable place to look for one dealer, ebay craiglist etc. Thats about it. You are not going to find one at GL for a GL price. You may get lucky and find one a local govt. is selling but I am very leary of thse trucks. They are supposed to be turned back in in most cases

HMMWVs will bring what the market bears. There are only about 500 rolling around legit. 99% of the trucks avialable are from the aucitons in Riverside Cali and Atlant Ga back in 1999.

BTW a true military HMMWV will bring several thousand more than a like conditon civilian H1.

You can always buy a civilian H1 and convert it to look like a HMMWv Belfeds on ebay is a converted truck.

You can buy a truck that needs work for around 15k and spend 10k to 15k on it or go ahead and spend 22k or more and get one that is ok.

I have found the cheapest mil trucks are the ones that have been civilianized. Trucks with gas motors, painted red, yellow or whatever. Sound systems civilian seats. All of this type of stuff brings the value of the truck down.

I love my HMMWV. Its worth every penny to me. No better MV to own and I have had bunch of them. I believe you should always go for quality of quanity. In the end you are better off. Buy the best truck you can afford. You are usually way ahead of the game.

After a while you will have both quality and quantity. here is a pic of mine from a while back.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
with that additude it sounds like if given the choice both of you would rather buy several cheap chinese made things instead of buying one, quality American made product.
Really not sure where this came from because we were talking about U.S.A. MVs, sounds sorta DUMB, was talking about spending $25000+ for 1 vehicle or for 2,3,4,or more, because as i said I would enjoy 3 or 4 ,run of the mill, nothing special five tons more then 1 $25000 vehicle of any kind, this had nothing to do with buying CHICOM stuff, there is some $25000+ stuff out there I would like to have,(hmmwv not one of them), If the time comes that I can do that, there still be the inner fight of 1 or 3. and will NOT be cheap against quility, but can I ENJOY what I BUY

Last edited: