• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Schutt Industries 1CSL0-SLC-T-1000 Self Loading Trailer

painter paul

I'm guessing 40-45° lift. Problem I see is if using for a dump trailer with dirt it may not empty well. My old 5 ton 6x6 dump actually tilted just over 90°. My newer one tilted probably 75-80°. End dump semi trailers raise really high and unfortunately fall over sideways quite often if on a slight incline. I'm a little nervous on mine when raised all the way with my M114 loaded on it. I don't think they were made for unlevel ground, esp since their stability is limited by single tires and really wimpy rear stabilizers. It would also be easy to misjudge and seriously overload the SLT when hauling dirt, gravel, concrete, etc. It might work for a lighter load of a slippery material like grain. A box with sides would also add weight, reducing load capacity. Considering the value of these trailers, one could buy a good used 5 ton 6x6 dump truck cheaper. It's also a marvelous piece of machinery to treat roughly by using it as a dump truck. Not wanting to appear negative here, just trying to be protective of a neat trailer. Other viewpoints?? Paul

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

yokurto

I got my new trailer home on Wed. Pulled it home the bags aired up ok but the are really deformed from sitting empty so long. Put a battery charger on and tried starting it last nite but it would not fire. Started raining (unusual for so cal) so had to stop. What is the recommended glow plug time to start a cold engine on this unit? I held it for about 30 seconds but all I was getting was a little ex. Smoke

Artisan

There is an oil pressure safety switch.
The oil pressure HAS to come up before the engine will start.

Read this whole thread about injector pumps needing to be massaged
as well. The first batch were flooded at one time were found out.
If yours was in that batch you will have many of the same issues.

Once you get it started if you shut it off it starts a lot faster.
If it sits for awhile it takes a long time for it to start again.

painter paul

I usually glow mine for about a minute. They are definitely not a quick starting engine like a 6cta 8.3 in an A2 5 ton. Once running, they're fine. What sn is yours?? Is it from the quad cities or from the recent CA sale?? I'm curious about the latest ones that sold as the military price was shown as over $80k, unlike the$70k+ ones from the quad cities. Wonder if there's any difference in them??

yokurto

mine is serial #31. they had 20 of them at the Yermo, Ca site. i took Artisan suggestion and read through all the posts and i don't believe this trailer was ever submerged in a flood. the flywheel does have rust but nothing bad. It has never been used and from what i saw the other ones didnt appear to be used either. I did get it started but i had to jump the fuel shutoff to get it to lite. once it started restarts were easy but I suspect I am not getting sufficient voltage through the oil pressure switch during cranking to energize the shutoff coil. The lift works great as does the winch, not sure what i am going to do with this trailer yet but they are COOL... The sticker says $82,683 !!!!! not sure what difference there is everything i have read sounds the same on my unit. They stated they were 2009 models. and like everyone else the batteries are no good and will not hold a charge. put a battery in the remote and it functioned correctly.. I love this thing!! Thanks everyone for posting your experiences it sure helped me....

painter paul

Great, mine is #15, and from the quad cities. Actually from Rock Island Arsenal, which is an island in the middle of the river, and used to be a military prison. I was the one that advanced the idea of the flooding after looking at mine and remembering the news reports of the Mississippi floods.
Have you looked yours over very carefully and noted all the LED lights, the adjustable bed down valve?? They are fabulous. I just wonder how they sold for over $10k more than the early ones.What are your plans for the trailer?? Does anyone know who bought the others?? And I wonder what they sold for. Seems the early ones went for $6-10K.
Any paperwork come with yours?? Paul

yokurto

No paperwork came with mine. I havent looked at it close enough yet to check lights and the hydraulic system but what i have seen so far is impressive they are so well done as far as the trailer. I did notice the radiator supports are a little weak and some rubbing taking place so i will address that first. From what i saw they sold between 6k-12.5k. Not sure what im gonna do with mine after i go pick up a container or two.. i just know its gonna be fun

Artisan

Hey guys I am away from home w/ limited resources. I have a need to move my Schutt WITHOUT it connected to the truck. In a nutshell I left it parked on a dirt road over the winter and crazy rains caused the trailer to sink. I got the M916 out by airing down and laying out some plywood. The trailer was left behind. I have a dozer with a pintle hitch so it now will be easy to move but don't I have to release the brakes first or are they already released because there is no air to it?

They are released when there is no air. You can move it without air. Just don't beat it up to much without air in the suspension bags. It's hard on them to bounce around without air. I move mine around the yard with my Dodge dualie w/no air from time to time no problem.

DelawareSportsman

I am in need of an aluminum radiator for my 2009 20' container self loading/unloading trailer? It froze and failed. It has a Perkins engine but the radiator was included with the engine according to Perkins. Can anyone help me locate one?

Artisan

Try this gal for PN's
Gail Cutler <Cutler_Gail@perkins.com>

You must very but I think you have a 400 Series 403D-07 Industrial Engine.
If you get a parts book please share.

DelawareSportsman

It is my understanding that Perkins did not furnish the radiator to Schutt and I have looked extensively for it. I have decided to order a 22 in. Double Pass Aluminum Radiator from Speedway Item # 917341-22 plus the shroud kit Item # 9174020 with a total price around $250 then modify my mounts to accommodate the larger radiator. I have two of these trailers and they work pretty good except I have the same brake problems described in previous posts by others and I found that it is difficult to load when the trailer is not squared up with container. I had intended to make a dump trailer but did not take into account the limited lift so materials does not fall out the back without creating a jerking action on the hoist. I am still looking for that parts manual.

Gary2

I have read all of this thread with great interest and appreciation. I am disappointed not to see any current postings as I am still looking for more information. I purchased mine a few months ago (CA). Everything on mine works except for a bad air bag. I would like to get the electrical diagram for the 24 volt and 12 volt lighting system as well as determining the mfg. and model of the air suspension components. I have no idea if they are Dexter or not. I am assuming previous posts identifying the axles as Dexter are correct?! I was also hoping to see follow ups on the trailer mods several have started but not posted the final outcomes. In any case I figure on keeping this trailer the rest of my life and passing it down to my children if any show an interest. A trailer like this is like my mill and lathe--something that never goes out of style or into obsolescence. Any way, feel free to include me in your proposed list of owners.

My ABS controller is a Bludot PLC Select SLH-A8. I have the SLH-A7 installation and operation manual if any one is interested.

Gary

Attachments

Last edited:

yokurto

Gary2 welcome to the super cool trailer club!!! Unfortunately I still have not used mine except for around the yard just tinkering. I have not been able to register the trailer nor my M923 in this POS state so until that happens it doesn't get used much

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks