• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

scored 2 MEP003a's on trailer

hedgehog69

Scored 2 mep003a's on trailer today. Look good...but...they have been sitting out in Iowa weather for 10+ years. Cleaning fuel tanks..changing filters. changing oil and filter. Anyone know filter #'s off top of head?

I was able to get one engine to turn by prying generator thru the perforated shield. 2nd one is stuck. My thinking is to pull injectors and squirt Sea Foam into cylinders.

Anyone have better idea?

Thanks

jamawieb

Fram c1125pl for fuel and Fram CH6pl for oil.

Put diesel, kerosene, PB blaster, WD40, etc in the cylinder before seafoam. Seafoam has no lubrication and just eats varnish. It won't do anything to lubricate the cylinders from being stuck.

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you find that your fuel tanks are beyond repair, I have nice NOS ones available....... I also have the correct glow plugs available.........

Z

Guyfang

Staff member
Download the manuals from the TM forum, here in SS. Do the PMCS. Follow JAMAWIEB suggestions. Read through the 10 kazillion threads and you will be up to speed. PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every question you have will be answered in the 10 Kazillion threads. Four or five times.

hedgehog69

Another question comes to mind. Are there different rims available for these trailers? I would really like smaller diameter rims...and get rid of the *#@* split rims.

hedgehog69

theyr're still holding fuel...nasty, stinky fuel. Acouple years ago I had a leaky tank on a MEP003a. I took it to a tank repair place in Pella, IA. Still doing great...but dang....cost me around $275. :-(

Guyfang

Staff member
Well, maybe, if you posted a picture, and or told us what model trailer you had, someone could tell you something about the wheels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks