• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scored 3 Pioneer Tool Trailers

SoylentGreen

Oh boy, another project. Picked up 3 Pioneer tool trailers.
#1 is in pretty good shape, will be restored as a keeper.
#2 a little rough but restorable or maybe a parts donor.
#3 someone got after it with a cutting torch and the floor is pretty rusty, definitely a parts donor.
All 3 have good chassis's. All made in 1975.

Attachments

SoylentGreen

:DHey TJ, you already have a really nice trailer, now it's my turn. At least you can pull yours behind your deuce. I would need a drop down hitch to pull one of these behind mine.
Actually just stumbled across them, wasn't even looking for one but the junk yard owner was talking about scrapping them or hauling them off to auction. I just had to rescue them!

ARYankee

That's cool. You could pull it with the Dodge. Does the Ferret have a pintle? The good deals either come when you least expect it or don't have any money :) Great rescue!!!

harleyhouse

The pioneers are cool!
I always wanted one to make a camping trailer.
canvas and screen for the lift up sides.
a canvas room extension for the rear.

The Local search and rescue uses one. for field work.

Great Find!

Attachments

Last edited:

SoylentGreen

You're right Quickfarms, it will pull behind the deuce. I've only had these a couple days and didn't have time to check, it just looked like it wouldn't pull, at least not level anyway.
I'll have to flip the lunette like you said and put some 11.00's on to match the deuce and it should work fine. Thanks.

vtdeucedriver

If your hinges are rotted, make a trip to your local TSC and pick up a section of impliment belt..............works great.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have any drawings or pictures of what these trailers look like when they are restored (or were in use in the military)? What went in them? Is there even a list of equipment they carried?

DAP

Don't use belting it just rots and gives out again. Get an 8 foot stainless hinge from McMasterCarr for each side and use some squishy foam sealant for the crack so water can't get in. Works perfect.

vtdeucedriver

Don't use belting it just rots and gives out again. Get an 8 foot stainless hinge from McMasterCarr for each side and use some squishy foam sealant for the crack so water can't get in. Works perfect.

belting 9 yrs and still going............. im good with it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks