• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scored an M1009 today, now for the wait...

Timber

Thank you sir! Does it look dented? I have a big monitor but it's kinda hard to tell.

Wifey saw me on this site and govliquidation all week, so I'm sure she's expecting something - she knows me well enough by now...

rnd-motorsports

Sorry din't want to talk down you 1009 but yes just below the mirror the door is dented and the front fender just in front of tire the corner is bent but be glad that is all! Seen alot worse looks great and hope it runs as good normaly they do have not seen one that has not run and gl has been known to bend a few drive shafts the rears so you will want to check it. They move them with a fork truck alot of times. and the door dings and drive shafts are norms! my last one was drive shaft and front driver fender had to replace shaft and lived with fender as I got truck for wood hauler! sure it will see more dents

Timber

Nah, it's no big deal, and I see what you're talking about now. I didn't know about possible driveshaft damage or that they moved em around with forklifts until you mentioned it. The door I can live with, hopefully the driveshaft is good.

K9Vic

Nah, it's no big deal, and I see what you're talking about now. I didn't know about possible driveshaft damage or that they moved em around with forklifts until you mentioned it. The door I can live with, hopefully the driveshaft is good.
Check Craigslist for a drive shaft, never know if one is there. I have a few extra ones on hand that I found in the past for cheap if I buy another M1009 since it is so common for them to be bent. Just make sure it is a 4X4 shaft as the size is the same when I compared with civi vs. CUCV.

topgun217

Maybe there should be a seperate site created for our wifes, "steel wifes" "steel complainers" I think we all cring just before pulling our pride-n-joy int the drive. My wife has even drove my (our) 1009, how cool.

Timber

I had to tell her Sunday, I didn't like keeping it from her. I could tell she definitely heated up some but really held her tongue. When she'd thought about it long enough to speak, she said I'd have to hide it at a buddies house whenever her parents visit. I'm good with that.:)

Timber

Thanks. My EUC was sent to Battle Creek today, so we'll see how long this takes. I'd like to have it before Christmas, but I'm not expecting anything.