• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scored dash pad $15

choll

Well luck was with me today!! Im in Gary Indiana for a job and have been here for about 3 weeks. I was bored so I went for a ride. While on my ride enjoying my 1009 I come across a pick and pull, I decide to stop and take a look around. I pay my dollar entrance fee and ask which way to the chev trucks, I think I pissed off the guy asking that question he told me "to the right." I walk to the back of the lot and find a few pickups and some blazers most picked over very well. What do I see 3 trucks down an 1986 Surburban with a 6.2 diesel. I walk down to it and low and behold there is a near perfect dash pad in it. I think this is tooooooo good to be true, as i approace the truck it all comes into focus it is in good shape also as I approace the truck i get a wiff of something NASTY, its about 93 degrees and 60% humidity. Its gets stronger as I approach the truck but Im locked on to the thoughts of a good dash pad. The smell is REALLy BAD. When I get to the truck what do you think the smell is>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
A dead dog with maggots eating it. I will not be detered I enter the truck and as fast as a man can move I remove the dash pad. Its almost perfect a small crack at the center speaker vent. .
Im going back next week as most of the engine is still there including the radiator. If anyone needs something let me know and if its still there I will pull it and send it to you.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, that would be so cool if you scroed that TV cable bracket. I was going to suggest grabbing that but the head beat me to it. I have mine, just looking out for the other folks considiering the swap. Is the dog in the truck?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Apparently the reason the dash pad was still there is because the dog was guarding it! Nice score.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Choll, if you do grab that bracket, don't get frustrated with it. Once unbolted from the back of the head, it needs to be slid forward and rotated off the d!ck on the IP throttle lever. You can see the relief in that pic I posted in the other thread. Chop the exposed cable and slide the housing out of the back. TV Cables are cheap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks