• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

scrap 84 m1009 UPDATE

pc3nmcb

I won a auction on a m1009, I am keeping the dashboard and maybe the pintle hook.The body doesn't look bad, no drive train. It is located at Anderson, IN 46017. If anyone between Anderson In and St Louis is interested shoot me a offer and I will swing by your house if you have a way to off load without messing up my trailer. If no one is interested I will strip off some other parts such as glass and so on, then take the rest to scrap yard. I have no where to keep and my neighbors would freak out. I will pick it on 10-22.

P.S There appears to be a radiator, odds an ends in back of blazer.

Attachments

Monty

RE: scrap 84 m1009

I'm interested but further North in south eastern Wisconsinabout 25 minutes from WI/IL line, if you'd like to bring it this way...................I'd hate to see you dump it I could use some parts off of it.

PM me if your'd like to work something out.
Chad

pc3nmcb

I did mapquest, you are about 280 miles from Anderson IN and probably 300 from me. I got to be back by THURSDAY morning so I couldn't do that. I would like to help maybe someone closer might need something and buy it. What kind of parts are you needing, I hate to send it to the shredder just have no where to keep it.

pc3nmcb

ranchhopper said:
I almost bid on that blazer but had no way of getting it home.Can you deliver to sugar grove illinois about one mile off I88 on rt 47 we have means of off loading it PM me with an idea of what you want for it .I just posted a blazer I won out of ohio with uship I can always use the spare parts.
I got to be back Thursday night. I wouldn't be able to make it up there. If you need something that can be mailed let me know and I will check to see if it is there.

tlm47201

That was the one I bid on. It is 85 miles from me. Wish I'd have known. I really only wanted the top, and maybe bumper and right fender. I planned on salvaging the tub, and storing it for a time when I get a hold of another parts 09. Still interested in the top tho.

pc3nmcb

I didn't view them, I just wanted the dash board pintle hook. I figured I could sell some parts make some of my money back.

P.S I just got off phone they want me pick up Thursday morning.

Stagg

If you don't want it, I'd take the bridge plate. Can probably have a buddy of mine swing by and pick it up, or can pay to have it mailed.

pc3nmcb

Stagg said:
If you don't want it, I'd take the bridge plate. Can probably have a buddy of mine swing by and pick it up, or can pay to have it mailed.
I will be there when they open, if no one has swiped them yet, I got a offer on bridgeplate and blackout light in grill so they are sold. Sorry

pc3nmcb

Well I got it home today, EO2 NMCB and I stripped it. There was tons of stuff in the back, the drive shafts,transfer case,original jack and componets,spare tire holder plus timing chain with the parts still in box looks like it was never installed, just really dirty from sitting in a blazer with no windows. Anybody know what timing chains go for

Attachments

Crash_AF

I'm pretty sure that is a transfer case chain, not a timing chain. The other parts are the T-case shift fork, shaft and gear. Not sure what the small pieces are.

Later,
Joe

pc3nmcb

Crash_AF said:
I'm pretty sure that is a transfer case chain, not a timing chain. The other parts are the T-case shift fork, shaft and gear. Not sure what the small pieces are.

Later,
Joe
I wasn't sure what it was still learning. Thanks

pc3nmcb

Braunchitis said:
What shape is the tailgate in? Does the crank still work?
How much would you want for it?
I'm in Cape Girardeau, Missouri.
The tailgate was rusty and guts missing,so I scrapped it with blazer this morning.

pc3nmcb

Monty said:
Glad to hear you got some good parts off it, wish i would have been closer. Oh well..
There was tons of stuff inside the only good body panels was the front clip, I took the hood it is in great shape. I think it got beat up a little after pictures were taken. In the pictures the windshield looked good, it was busted real good. I took all the good stuff off to sell, recoup some of my money.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks