• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Screw on fuel filter mod (MEP002A)?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
After much googling I have found a good deal on the filter bases and filter.

2 x Napa 4770 - Wix 24770 $14.82 - Filter base
1 x Napa 3528 - Wix 33528 $ 6.56 - 2 micron filter

I am having trouble picking out a water separator. There are just so many. Can anyone suggest one that is 10-12 micron, has a drain and will screw onto the WIX 24770 base? I know the thread is 1-14.

Edit: It looks like Wix 33405 is the answer. If not please feel free to chime in.

Last edited:

Preacherboy

I've listed this information before, those are the 2 filters I'm using on mine. I got mine from fleetfilter.com, they seem to offer the best prices. I order several to save on shipping.

There is also an oil filter mod, you use a spin on adapter base from an old Ford engine! Don't remember the part number, I have it listed on a thread somewhere here or on the smokstak forum.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Guess what? I read your post earlier today.. and ordered the FRAM oil filter adapter too! Thank you.

I am just sourcing a mounting plate for the fuel filters. Looks like 12" x 6" 1/4" T6 aluminum should work. Found a guy locally that will cut it and sell it to me for 18+-.

Looking forward to a retrofitted MEP002A :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks