• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sea Foam?

cucv1833

Yes I use it some time in my fuel tank.. It seems to work good and its been around a long time. Before my last oil changed I ran some in the oil for a few miles then changed my oil.

Go to the website and follow directions

Heres a few threads on the subject good luck

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/83603-seafoam-sale-autozone.html?highlight=seafoam

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/67622-sea-foam-spin-question.html?highlight=seafoam

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/26701-diesel-additive.html?highlight=sea+foam

Last edited:

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sea Foam is really good stuff, I use it in my equipment and the towing company (read marine towing company here) has used it for years in their gas and diesel equipment and also uses it to lay up (pickle) any engines that have sunk and have to be laid up to await the bill being paid for the owner to get it back. Saves thousands of dollars worth of engines annually. They buy it by the drum.

Matt65

Good stuff, used it a few times when needed. I read it was on sale at Autozone per the gallon a few days ago here on SS.

GPrez

Not in my CUCV yet, but at my last oil change in my company truck the shop added it for free and asked me to let them know if I noticed any difference. It did make a difference in the low end acceleration.

that1028guy

When I did my spin on fuel filter, I filled the filter with 75% sea foam and 25% diesel... Judging by the speed racer smoke screen I'd say I have the cleanest diesel ever! At least for a minute... I love it and use it in all my toys.

M1008driver

I use it in all my vehicles. My M1008 ran so rough I thought I needed an IP. Not anymore. My Ford always gets the check engine light and needs oxygen sensors. Not anymore after using Seafoam.

2 cans when I have a problem, then I run most of the fuel out before refueling. One can every month after that.

ctmustang

I prefer Lucas in all my engines. I use the oil conditioner and the fuel additive. The fuel additive really does clear up the rough running but according to the data sheet and tests it takes away from the lubricity of the diesel which is already low.

TMNT

I use Sea Foam liberally in all of my gasoline engines. It works wonders for cleaning out gunked up fuel systems. I don't recall ever using it in one of my diesels, but I'm not sure why I haven't. I do use Lucas in my diesels and always with good results. I've also discovered the power of ATF in diesels. A couple of quarts in a tank of diesel cleaned up my M35's fuel injectors, apparently lubed up some dry seals and stopped some several small fuel leaks, including one on a fuel injector. Your mileage may vary, but my observations have been that a ATF in the fuel is a good thing.

PAm1009

its a marine grade 2stroke oil with TC-W3 i have read alot of research about using it in diesel engines and guys love it even in old big rigs. its a ashless non synthetic 2stroke oil which is what you wanna run in a diesel if adding oil as a fuel lubricate. my 1009 is my first diesel my dad told me the trick and have been using it on fill ups for over 2 years and wow what a difference it makes runs much smoother

armytruck63

Ditto here on the two-stroke oil. I use it in the M35A2 and M1009. It adds lubricity to the ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel we are forced to buy these days.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks