• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seabee Deuce Crew Cab Project

camoyj7

After I cut the floor to widen the front I'm just going to weld in patches. A friend of mine has a sheet metal fab shop so I can bend up the trans tunnel and roll the pieces for the top. I think I will do the floor with Hurculiner when it's done.

jamesfrom180

bbf I only get to see it when I am running down the TP there south of Prima Vista.

Camoyj7- always nice to have access to a big break. Just alittle curious about "widen the front" Are you talking about the second cab?

camoyj7

bbf I only get to see it when I am running down the TP there south of Prima Vista.

Camoyj7- always nice to have access to a big break. Just alittle curious about "widen the front" Are you talking about the second cab?

Yep the rear of the cabs are wider than the fronts so you have to cut the floors from front to back then add a pie shaped filler piece in the floor. That way the front of the second cab will match the rear of the first cab.

jamesfrom180

I was thinking that was what you meant. I'm not as educated on doing this mod but I've looked into quite a few section and drops on other vehicles. I like using the flanger tools to run a 1/4 inch flange that you can then spot weld panels into. On short run can stiffen panels.

camoyj7

Well I got the extra cab out of the 101 trailer and mounted the 395's on the Hemmt wheels. Here are a few things I learned today.
1. If it looks heavy it heavier.
2. Soapy water is your friend.
3. A little bend in the hemmt valve stem makes easy to fill with air.
4. After fighting to get the valve cores back in the first 2 rims I found they
would air up with them in.
5. Having to mount four is better than six!

Attachments

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
camoyj7 it looks like your build is gonna happen on the driveway! Those tires look like they are half way to the low garage ceiling!!!

Rick

camoyj7

Yeah the plan is to strip everything off the truck and weld the cabs together in the garage. After all the body panels are painted I will roll the frame in to single out the rear axle and paint it. I think I'll use my friends tow truck to put the cab back on in the driveway. It looked like the deuce would fit in the garage if I took the top,windshield and steering wheel off but there would be no room to work. aua

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks