• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seabee Deuce Crew Cab Project

Awesome Possum

Well I have been thinking about doing a 5.9 cummins swap in my deuce for awhile now so I bought a 95 school bus today. It's got a real nice 5.9 cummins with 140k on it. I going to try to use as much as i can from the bus like the intercooler,radiator and maybe some of the brake parts.
Now I'm REALLY conflicted, being a former bus conversion guy! That's a nice 5.9 Cummins, but a really nice bus too. I'm glad I don't have to make that decision. BTW, is that a 40 footer?

camoyj7

Now I'm REALLY conflicted, being a former bus conversion guy! That's a nice 5.9 Cummins, but a really nice bus too. I'm glad I don't have to make that decision. BTW, is that a 40 footer?

Not sure if it's a 40' or not. I know it's in really nice shape though. It's almost to bad i'm going to cut it up.

Mike O.

Just a thought on using the school bus... How about using the roof/wall structure for a slide in camper in the M105 bed? Cut it off forward where desired and re-rivet the front section where the roof meets the front above the windshield. Choose which windows to eliminate and you already have a lockable rear door.

Awesome Possum

Just a thought on using the school bus... How about using the roof/wall structure for a slide in camper in the M105 bed? Cut it off forward where desired and re-rivet the front section where the roof meets the front above the windshield. Choose which windows to eliminate and you already have a lockable rear door.
You could just cut the entire rear off of the bus, close up the front end nicely, and use that as the entire bed. Probably easier than a slide in, and convertible too if you have the equipment to change the beds as needed.

Can't find the pics, but my last Bluebird like that had the windows and front door skinned over, new door added in the rear, and RV windows installed before I ran out of resources. Would've been nice.....

camoyj7

I was making a list of all the things i want to do to my crew cab deuce this winter and it got me thinking. After I get the 5.9 cummins w/ p/s in and finish off the interior I wanted to mount a spare tire somewhere. I have a carrier from a 5ton I want to put between the cab and bed but that means moving the rear axle and bed mounts again. I don't want to lose any space by cutting down the bed so i thought about adding another axle and cutting down the front of the bed and adding another half of a 105 bed on the back of it. I'm not good at reworking pics but I added a axle to the back of Clints truck to see how it would look. If i could just figure out how to add a spare in the pic between the cab and bed it would be pretty cool looking.

Attachments

Last edited:

HASSON1911

I was making a list of all the things i want to do to my crew cab deuce this winter and it got me thinking. After I get the 5.9 cummins w/ p/s in and finish off the interior I wanted to mount a spare tire somewhere. I have a carrier from a 5ton I want to put between the cab and bed but that means moving the rear axle and bed mounts again. I don't want to lose any space by cutting down the bed so i thought about adding another axle and cutting down the front of the bed and adding another half of a 105 bed on the back of it. I'm not good at reworking pics but I added a axle to the back of Clints truck to see how it would look. If i could just figure out how to add a spare in the pic between the cab and bed it would be pretty cool looking.
I'll try post pics tomorrow, but I'm looking at buying a crew cab deuce that has the tandems still. gotta say i love the look.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not split the bed at the fender opening and making the fender wells large enough for the tires below them. (i.e., match the front opening)

If you put the old design back based on the normal length frame how close would the front axle/tires be to the extended cab?

camoyj7

Why not split the bed at the fender opening and making the fender wells large enough for the tires below them. (i.e., match the front opening)

If you put the old design back based on the normal length frame how close would the front axle/tires be to the extended cab?
I thought about doing the one big opening like the m135's had but I kind of like the duel fender look. If i left the orignal duel axle set up the front axle would be where the gas tanks are. Thats why if I do this I would put the axle on the back. It would be more like a M36.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought about doing the one big opening like the m135's had but I kind of like the duel fender look. If i left the original duel axle set up the front axle would be where the gas tanks are. Thats why if I do this I would put the axle on the back. It would be more like a M36.
I see what you mean. I have no plans of changing mine, but I like the idea of a crew cab and the 3 axles all in one package, but want to keep it the same length as is. (yes, I want the impossible. :-D)

Look forward to seeing what you do, love the crew cab you created!

camoyj7

I see what you mean. I have no plans of changing mine, but I like the idea of a crew cab and the 3 axles all in one package, but want to keep it the same length as is. (yes, I want the impossible. :-D)

Look forward to seeing what you do, love the crew cab you created!
If you don't move the rear axles back you won't have room for the fuel tank.
I've picked up a deuce rear suspension set up now I need to figure out what I want to do with the bed. I found another 105 bed I can cut and add to mine or a friend has a m35a2c drop side bed I can get. Too many choices. I do like the look of the duel wheel openings on the 105 set up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks