• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seafoam question

CycleJay

Hi guys,

I have a fairly simple question.

I would not think doing this would cause any damage or problems.
But I wanted to ask anyway.

About a month ago when I last changed my oil, I added a quart or two of the Lucas oil additive,
and since then I have had better acceleration, etc. whatever you usually get from doing that.

Now, I would like to add a can of seafoam to my fuel tank, for the benefits I can get from doing that.

Would it cause any harm or damage to have that Lucas running through the oil system and Seafoam running through the fuel system?

That is all, Thank you..

rsh4364

two different systems you should be fine,Im gonna try that lucas oil trick,you are the second guy ive read about doing this with good results..thanks for posting..

sandcobra164

I run Seafoam in my CUCV on a regular basis. It's the only thing that seems to keep the injectors happy and free from sticking. I've apparently found the dis advantage to owning a truck that sat in de-humidified storage for most of it's life. I'll get the injectors rebuilt soon though.

Flyingvan911

I run seafoam in my van (gasoline) and haven't had any trouble. I put it in the crankcase before an oil change and once in a while in the gas tank. I put two cans in the deuce and drove it to help clean it a little before it's oil change. I've never heard of anyone having a problem.

cpf240

I've run Seafoam in the fuel tank, and once in the crankcase before an oil change. The truck seems run better after adding it to the fuel, but the 2-cycle oil makes the most difference in the sound of the engine. I could not believe the amount of goop that came out when I changed the oil after the Seafoam treatment!

Scarecrow1

Lucas is in my humble opinion one of the best products on the market. Seafoam never made much of a difference to me. I do use a diesel fuel injector cleaner and octane boost combination by Lucas that really seems to do the trick.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use ATF to clean the injectors and such, and a quart to the tank when I fill up.
Learned it from a old time diesel wrench who rebuilt engines. YMMV

camp9

I've added it to the spin on fuel filter and ran it through that way with no problems. I'll have to give the lucas stuff a try. I've been using the trans fluid truck for years too, adding it to the fuel or filling the filter with it to run it through.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I add Lucas motor oil additive to my engine oil, and it seems the engine runs quieter. I am confident that with the Lucas engine oil I am not in so much danger of dry starts, Especially with turbo bearings. I also add Lucas Hub oil to my differentials, transfer case, and transmission. I do notice the transmission shifts smoother.

CycleJay

Hi guys.. Thanks for the information. I get that Lucas is good and Seafoam is good. But both together in the same vehicle should be okay too then? Good day...

CycleJay

Hello Guys,

Thanks for the extra information. That is all I wanted to know. I would not think running them together in the same vehicle would do any harm.
Especially since one would go into the oil and the other would go into the fuel.

Just my $0.02 cents...

Good day...

ajsmith184

From my experience, Snake oil out performs all of them

JK, seafoam is good stuff..hard for me to justify more additives when 1/3 of every quart of oil is already various additives....School me if Im wrong.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks