• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seal sizes

Two Dogs

I need to replace the front inner axle seal and the hub seal on my M35A1 but am having difficulty sourcing these parts over here. Please can anyone help with dimensions of these seals so that I can try my local bearing and seal supplier. Any help would be much appreciated as I am getting a bit desperate.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are specialy made for the truck, they are not a common "universal" seal. Best to get them from an MV parts retailer.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This seal is an unusual one and is a very tight fit. I am betting it will have to be the proper one.

M35 Inner Hub Seal, 10896684 / A1205Z650
:ditto:

Not so the inner one for the axle! Its a stock oil seal, single lip facing inward.
Outer (seat) diam.: 68.3mm
Axle shaft diam: 42.2mm
Seat depht: 13mm, seal height: 12mm - 15mm

PM me if you need exact dimensions for the hub seal, in case you are planing to have them made there.

G.

Two Dogs

Thank you all for your help, it would be easy if I was in the US but we don't have a dealer here in the UK at present. I have tried to contact dealers in mainland Europe but can get no replies to my emails, however a friend in Holland is now attempting to obtain the parts I need.

Two Dogs

:ditto:

Not so the inner one for the axle! Its a stock oil seal, single lip facing inward.
Outer (seat) diam.: 68.3mm
Axle shaft diam: 42.2mm
Seat depht: 13mm, seal height: 12mm - 15mm

PM me if you need exact dimensions for the hub seal, in case you are planing to have them made there.

G.
Thank you for those dimensions, I will try the local supplier and will PM you if necessary.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks