• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sealed Bid Camp Shelby

camp9

OK, here we go; This is what I bid: lot#1352 $2380, didn't win; lot #1355 $3260 didn't win;
lot #1366 $3840 didn't win; lot#1370 $3780 got it, looks rough but I have faith; I hate to say this but I also went a little above scrap prices, years ago when drms ran this you, had a good chance of getting good deals with this, was also sealed bid, like dice I guess. Hopes this helps, now I have to get this thing home and tinker
You got the one with the bent up hood?(4th pic) I'd say you did good, can't see how you can get hurt on that one, even if it does turn our to be junk, lots of good parts.

3dAngus

Reading glasses found...
I have written the GL help desk on the sealed bid process at Camp Shelby. Lets hope we get some answers. This is the email forwarded:

"
Please forward to management...

I have a couple of questions about the sealed bid process at Camp Shelby.

I bidded on a M936 there last week, in the blind. There were over a dozen M936s put up at auction as a sealed bid process, rather than the open and free competition auction method where one bidder bids against another based on knowledge of the current bid.

There is no feedback in this process. I believe this to be inconsistant with the normal procedure of auctioning off military vehicles and unfair to the general population where it is prejudicial to large scale retailers and exporters. All I got for my effort was a statement saying I was outbid with no indication of by how much.

Please reconsider the sealed bid process as being faulty and poor judgement. Should the bidders be informed of the prices the vehicles went for, they would have a better understanding of where to place their bids in the next go around, should there be one (hopefully not), and the bids received would be in the better interest of GL, the DOD, and users alike due to the open and free competition with knowledge based bidding processes. Thanks for your patience in hearing me out on this. I can assure you, I am not alone in the discontent with this kind of sealed bid process. It is not appreciated by the broader community. "

camp9

I went on the live chat with them and asked if I could talk to someone about finding out how to get the bid result for the lot I bid on. They told me I had to talk to management. I asked for a phone # and was told I had to send them a email. Was given the info@gl.com address. So they don't want to be bothered with it, and if I sent a email to that address I'm guessing it will never get to a managers desk. And probably if it did we would get told the same thing we have already been told about the sealed bid process. Your letter 3dangus is worth a try.
d

tcody

I wouldn't expect Government Liquidation to respond to email. They are not exactly customer service friendly and this isn't something they have made available in the past. Appreciate camp9 being willing to post his experience. Seems like they are going between 3 and 6K sealed bid; higher open bid. Will be interested in what they show up for on the open market. There are a few trucks now for over 25K that are dreaming if they think they will ever get even half that. Even before the mass sell off they were peaking at 12K except for the one truck that someone paid way too much for.

3dAngus

Is it my imagination or did all the wreckers go from sealed bid back to
regular bid?
This is a whole new auction lot. As we are not allowed to discuss ongoing auctions, I will just say this to cut off any conspiracy theories.

I have entered every serial number of every vehicle sold in the previous week at sealed bid auction. I have entered every serial number of the present set of M936s. There is no match. So that all of you know, they did not reoffer any of the sold machines. These are all different from any previous sale being offered at open and free competion where you set the bid.

I will post all serial numbers AFTER the auction is over for confirmation. Thanks.

PowerstrokeNC

This is a whole new auction lot. As we are not allowed to discuss ongoing auctions, I will just say this to cut off any conspiracy theories.

I have entered every serial number of every vehicle sold in the previous week at sealed bid auction. I have entered every serial number of the present set of M936s. There is no match. So that all of you know, they did not reoffer any of the sold machines. These are all different from any previous sale being offered at open and free competion where you set the bid.

I will post all serial numbers AFTER the auction is over for confirmation. Thanks.
Excellent! Can't wait to see the results...

KsM715

:tin hat: Agreed, with the sheer number of trucks coming out right now there is bound to be some bidders that either default or refuse their lot, and those trucks will get relisted.

Csm Davis

So far there has been only one truck left behind that I have seen not sure why but the largest part of these trucks have gone to scrappers, makes me sad, but you can forget your conspiracy theory it's not happening I know because I get to talk to most of the different buyers.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So far there has been only one truck left behind that I have seen not sure why but the largest part of these trucks have gone to scrappers, makes me sad, but you can forget your conspiracy theory it's not happening I know because I get to talk to most of the different buyers.
This being said, a bid just over "scrap value" should be a WINNER ! ! !

Does this mean "anything they say can and will be used against them????

Hmmmmm

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This being said, a bid just over "scrap value" should be a WINNER ! ! !
But what people here have to understand when people talk about "scrap value" they have to look beyond what the average guy here gets at his local scrap yard. There are several tiers of mark-up in scrap . If a large prcessor is bidding who deals directly with the end user ,you can count on them making at least double what they pay. Now if you figure them selling major componants for cores they make even more than that . The guy hauling in a couple ton of scrap at a time is the bottom of the scrap food chain . If you have 500 ton of scrap you can negotiate at much better price .

3dAngus

The GL response to sealed bids vs. open auction on MVs:

Dear Dell,
Thank you for your e-mail. Sealed bid events give our Government Liquidation customer base the unique ability to participate by including their best individual bid for the merchandise in question without having to react to the constant bid changes and monitoring that you see in a typical auction. It is the bidders decision to choose which type of auction they would like to participate in. All sealed bid sales are listed as such on our website lot summary. Sealed bid results will remain sealed and will not be disclosed after bidding has ended. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter. Warm regards, Customer Service ManagementGovernment Liquidation15051 N. Kierland Blvd.Suite 300Scottsdale, AZ 85254Phone: 480-367-1300Fax: 480-367-1450E-mail: info@govliquidation.comLive Chat