• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Search failed me, Best A/C option

wrex

ROFL!

I actually made one of these "swamp coolers" for my trip last week from California to Kentucky. It actually works pretty well.

I used:
$10 cooler.
A $20 turbo fan from a truck stop.
12 frozen 8 oz. bottles of water ($3.00).
A few strips of black duct tape.

$33 and it lasted a little over 8 hours. Kinda red-neck setup, but got the job done so that the kids and dogs weren't crying about the 90+ degree heat, heh.

Here's a pic. It was a quick job, so no judging! lol.

Attachments

Welder Sam

Ive been eying a complete 24v aircraft type. Net search aircraft a/c or some varient. It was $4500 or so but seems simple and easy install. Ud have to run ur ducting tho.

CapKrk

I think I'm going to sell my OD iron AC kit....I have 100 projects going on right now and I've gotten use to the summers in my M1009. Just crack a vent. haha

Paid over $1100 will take $750 New in the box

jimm1009

I have been driving my M1009 here in southern Louisiana since mid 1995 and still no a/c.
The electric tailgate window riser makes a really big difference.
A Blazer or Jimmy tailgate riser (or tailgate assembly) will bolt right in and the wiring is pretty basic stuff too. A 'Burb unit won't work.
jimm1009

CGSDarkstar

So I meet up with CapKrk in say late Novemberish and after sending the huge box to myself, Fedex losing the paperwork, which CapKrk's mom was nice enough to get in touch with him and then me, the package made it back to Georgia and sat in the closet till it started getting a little toasty around here. I had my local AC shop do the work as after looking at all the treads I decided to keep my hair and outsource the job. Took them about a week, but picked it up this morning and boy does it blow cold. I wanted them to keep the blackout light switches so I asked them to find a good spot for it . . . . well they installed it in a very spot that I think I will enjoy :) Now i just have to increase the insulation beyond the floor.

Thanks again CapKrk.

Darkstar

Attachments

richingalveston

under dash ac

I have looked at the under dash units and they are basicly the same as the rear AC unit in a burb.
I parted out an 87. burb and have the enitre dash unit for sale (or soon to be in classifieds here) it includes everything for factory dash air,ducts to compressor and system is 134A
pm me if anyone wants a factory air install.
I am keeping the rear unit and shroud. I am going to fab it into the rear top so it will be just like the rear air of the burb. from what i can tell it is probably a little larger or the same size as the classic air uderdash unit.

I am looking at DC compressor options but may result to an engine mounted unit. Marvair makes units for boats I think they have the best DC (brushless) compressors. trying to see if they will sell me one.