• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

search function

4bogginchevys

I just spent 40 minutes typing different phrases/key words and reading what came back...still no mention of what i'm specifically looking for. I was trying to double check what i've read on the correct way to bleed air out of fuel system when filter is changed (not spin style), the first time I changed filter I didn't unhook any wire at the IP and it was a pain to bleed out, but I remember it mentioned to unhook the "pink" wire while you bleed off air in some fairly recent posts. Can someone please humor me....provide correct "key words" to obtain the info, or state it order of operations clearly so that a simple search in the future will bring the info. I know it's not difficult but I already charged the batts once today when having GP issues(now solved), i'd like to bleed the system as intended for trouble free operation.....and yes I looked through the TM's too. Thanks:-D

4bogginchevys

lolol, key words I did try....fuel filter(- change), 3 or 4 combos with "bleed" in it, pink wire, IP, and combos of tose words......."change" huh, that'd be tooo easy..lol:-D

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, the procedure is in the -10 or -20 TM.

It does help a lot to use the advanced search, that way you can select the specific forum, and also the specific author(if you know it).

It does take time, effort and determination. I find a lot of good reading while searching, and sometimes what I was looking for!;-)

woodyNla

I didn't do mine that way, but it worked like a charm. Drained old filter, closed valve and took the new filter and submerged it in fuel. Shook it a little till all bubbles disappeared. Held it level until I had the base at the bottom of the housing and flipped it up and onto the base in one swift motion. lost maybe an oz or less fuel and it fired right up once I clamped it down in place.

I know it was a shade tree way of doing it, but it worked! LOL

As for the topic, thanks for all the info! I have been attempting to follow a link for building a towbar that has to be of a search function that must be trunicated. The same link has been posted twice that I have found, but I have yet to duplicate it under the standard search. The very good info on advanced search just may be what I need to find it.