• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Search time block?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So it seems we have decided you can't search more than once every 90seconds?

I've been busy and hadn't noticed till I tried to find some info for a member last night. What a pain in the azz. I'm sure there was a reason this was implemented, but I see it as a HUGE step in the wrong direction. Can we get it reversed? Can some of us that answer others questions be exempt? Why was it put in place?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The google search will still work independent of this. (But it will not search within the mess hall) I will eventually lower the search window. (I have turned off the vB search completely for guests) I hope to do so within the next week or two once we've completed some database changes.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It would seem that the database changes have been in a positive direction. I still need to observe for the following days. But that search window time will be decreased soon.

dmetalmiki

So it seems we have decided you can't search more than once every 90seconds?

I've been busy and hadn't noticed till I tried to find some info for a member last night. What a pain in the azz. I'm sure there was a reason this was implemented, but I see it as a HUGE step in the wrong direction. Can we get it reversed? Can some of us that answer others questions be exempt? Why was it put in place?
I find It is really frustrating not being able to work as quick as one finds comfortable or satisfactory.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I find It is really frustrating not being able to work as quick as one finds comfortable or satisfactory.
Keeping the site going is equally frustrating. Again, the google search will allow you to search as many times as you like as frequent as you like. I hope I'll get to dial down the search timeout next week. I just need about 3 days of data before I start making the next change.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks