• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seat Belt Light staying on

UncleSam

I've just replace my GP Module and have gotten all dash light working as they should, but now my seat belt warning light stays on after I start the engine, it work correctly for awhile, but now it's not.

It goes off when I turn the key to off, it comes on when I turn the key on, and start the engine, and the seat belt buzzer works (sound like a sick cow) but it works, but light stay on.

I cut the wire at the seat belt latch and tried to connect the wires but still no help, with wires open or closed.

Had anybody else had this problem, if so what (other than just removing the bulb) could be the problem??:confused:

UncleSam

1985 CUCV M1009

Last edited:

idM1028

Only time I've ever noticed my light coming on and staying on is when my front battery's really low. My M1028 used to love to kill the front battery driving down the highway with the headlights on. I could always tell the battery was getting bad when my seat belt light would come on. I never was sure why it would do that.

UncleSam

Only time I've ever noticed my light coming on and staying on is when my front battery's really low. My M1028 used to love to kill the front battery driving down the highway with the headlights on. I could always tell the battery was getting bad when my seat belt light would come on. I never was sure why it would do that.

Thanks, That's the best answer I've had yet, as a matter of fact, I've been having trouble with my front battery while driving with headlights on also, come to find out my #1 Alt wasn't chaging at all.

I've been driving around with no trouble at all, but last Friday I drove it to work (about 20 miles) early that morning with my lights on, when I got to work my lights were dim and I turned it off and tried to restart it, but the front battery was dead, had to jumpstart it that afternoon.

I'm in the middle of doing a rebuild on my alternators now. I'll let you know if that corrects the problem. But I can't see why that the seat belt light would come on if the front battery was low or not charging....:confused: but that's one way of knowing I guess..:idea:

kimco

My seatbelt light does the same, stays on 90%+ the time. There's an associated buzzer? I just started getting a buzzer the other day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks