• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

seat brackets

jag7720

I bought some leather seats out of a Explorer... They mount right up to the m1009 seat brackets. Only problem is they are a bit too high and sit too forward.

I'm trying to get an idea of how to fabricate or modify some brackets so these seats fit a little better.

Has anyone made any custom seat brackets? Got any pictures?

jag7720

Well it was rather easy. I just used the brackets that came with the seats and welded on some tabs to use the factory bolt locations...here are a couple of shots of the seats.

They are out of an explorer

True Knight

I have some seats out of a newer Silverado to install in my truck. Nice seats too- leather, power and heated! Problem is mine is an M1028 with the bench seat. So I'll have to to some figuring before they get put in. Ha ha.

Looks real nice! I had thought about looking for some nice Eddie Bauer/Explorer/Mountaineer seats too, but was a little concerned with access into the backseat. Plus it was hard to find any that weren't totally shot. Did you hook up the electrics? How does it work for you?

I got a 40/60 split bench seat out of a early 90's ext cab Silverado that I'm going to put in my 1009. I'm a little concerned as they're about 3 inches shorter than the stockers. I also can't seem to find any seat covers for a split bench. :?

jag7720

Yes I hooked up the electrics.
Access to the back seat is the same as the factory seats as the passenger seat leans forward and the amount is slides forward is more than the factory.... only thing is the slide forward is not "automatic"

I located the rear inside mount hole on the seat to the mount locations on the truck then added the necessary metal to extend the seat mount and use the other factory holes.

On the drivers seat I had to add the rear facing front mount and an additional hole because the extended mount was flexing a bit under my weight.

Here are a couple more shots of the mounts

Attachments

Last edited:

Grega

I know that this thread is a little dated, but I was wondering the u-pick junk yard today, looking for some s-10 blazer of Caviler seats. All seats I seen were in pretty bad shape. Then I remembered about this thread a few months back and started looking in the ford section of the junkyard. And sure enough I came upon a 93 Eddie Baur 2 door. Opened the door and to my surprise was a nice set of bucket seats. Even the drivers was in good condition. When I got-em home, I wondered how am I going to mount them. Did a search on this site and this post poped up. THANKS Jag7720

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks