• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seat covers for M1009 CUCV

jacksmad1

My M1009 CUCV seat bottoms were torn and showing signs of wear and I wanted something that was cloth to cut down on the sweating from contact with the vinyl. I looked at all the ones on this site made from canvas or other materials that either did not seem to cover the seat or did not fit very well. I wanted something that covered the entire seat without showing cords or straps or where the entire cover was not made from the same material.

I ordered these covers from AutoAnything and they are made by CalTrend. The material is called "Retro Camo" and is a canvas like material with a backing attached. They are for a 1985 Chevy S10 Pickup with Highback bucket seats. Part # is CV143-92KR. They are two piece covers. The back attaches with velcro across the bottom back of the seat. The seat portion attaches with three staps, two that run from front to back under the seat and one that runs from side to side under the seat. The seat back covers also have a built in pocket on the back with an elastic band. The covers are well sewn and fit and look good. They are currently on sale for $179 for both front bucket seats.

IMG_0959.jpgIMG_0960.jpgIMG_0961.jpgIMG_0962.jpg

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got the jatonka ones recently. They're really good quality. Will probably outlast the truck.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
I have the Jatonka covers for 8 years now and loving them. Only issue I had was the base seat cover would slide around with my big butt on them. I ended up putting some clips in the back to hold them fast solving the issue.

I also think that Smittybilt G.E.A.R. jeep seat covers will fit the M1009. shttps://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/53.htm

Last edited:

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have the Jatonka covers for 8 years now and loving them. Only issue I had was the base seat cover would slide around with my big butt on them. I ended up putting some clips in the back to hold them fast solving the issue.

I also think that Smittybilt G.E.A.R. jeep seat covers will fit the M1009. shttps://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/53.htm
Could you post some photos of the "fix"? Thanks

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could you post some photos of the "fix"? Thanks
I'm recovering from major cervical surgery at the moment. I think I will be mobile enough to get you a photo in about a week.

Fold your seat back out of the way and feel the very back top of the base seat through the leather. You will feel a metal rod spanning the back. I didn't want to drill any holes so I decided needed to "clamp" the seat covers in place. I had some spring steel locking clips kicking around that are actually use for hidden mounting of window and door mantels for vinyl siding. I thought that they may do the trick and they did. I had to place them just so and drive them down over the rod with a hammer with the original seat cover and Jatonka's seat cover pinched around the rod.

If your not as fussy as me you could devise a different system. I think if you had some snap buttons installed in the key spots may even work better. And of course you could always use zip ties if you don't mind slicing your covers and final appearance.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'm recovering from major cervical surgery at the moment. I think I will be mobile enough to get you a photo in about a week.

Fold your seat back out of the way and feel the very back top of the base seat through the leather. You will feel a metal rod spanning the back. I didn't want to drill any holes so I decided needed to "clamp" the seat covers in place. I had some spring steel locking clips kicking around that are actually use for hidden mounting of window and door mantels for vinyl siding. I thought that they may do the trick and they did. I had to place them just so and drive them down over the rod with a hammer with the original seat cover and Jatonka's seat cover pinched around the rod.

If your not as fussy as me you could devise a different system. I think if you had some snap buttons installed in the key spots may even work better. And of course you could always use zip ties if you don't mind slicing your covers and final appearance.
Was hoping to get a set in the next couple of months, other things more pressing now. I'm also very picky about the appearance of my vehicles so when you get healed and feel up to it please post up some photos of the fix, also any info on the when what where of the brackets used would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Micro

Prayer said for speedy recovery.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks