• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seat Covers

1956_4x4

Are bench seat covers that came from the factory for the CUCVs still available anywhere? The seat bottom is torn on the passenger side in my 1031. I'd like to get it replaced before the foam is damaged.

Smitty

1956_4x4

Re: RE: Seat Covers

CUCVFAN said:
I think LMC offers direct replacements, but don't quote me on that...
I'll give them a shot! Does anyone happen to know what the "official" color is? Colors are one of my weak points....

Smitty

dilvoy

The original color is called Bronze and I have called LMC and they don't have it. I think this color must have been used just for the military as I have found no one who has that color in vinyl or even paint for the dash pads. I haven't really done much additional research though. I did have a good experience with a company called Legendary Interiors. I was looking for some vinyl top material for a '69 Plymouth and they had it. It was a weird material that was sort of buck skin colored with a sort of brown frosting on the raised surface, sort of how the frosting is on an oatmeal cookie. I was at a big car show and the guy said that he thought that they have enough for four tops, he said that a vinyl top would cost $400 and told me to wait a minute. He got on his cell phone and talked with someone and then said that they only had enough for two tops and they were $500 each. He also said that the vinyl material is original Chrysler. So you can see that they are not working for free, but they have the goods and they find old stock of vinyl all the time and the will tell you if they have exactly what you want or someting close. I do have to say that I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but have been a very satisfied customer.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn't the origional color maroon? I'll have to look at some of ours tomorrow at work. Year one in GA sells the covers for 214$.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The RPO sheets call it bronze, but that's crap because it's the same color as the burgundy (or was it red?) interior in my old civvy K10....

cuc-v

the door pannels are i think maple or something wierd like that... if you take the door panel off it should say it on the reverse side, it lists all the interior options for that year!

gt1009

All i know is that LMC sells some seat covers for the K5 truck series. If you wanted the colors to match you can probably just order a complete set of new seat covers so that it doesn't look weird.
Greg
'84 M1009

rgguin

The color is burgundy. Look at the back of your seats or the backseat which is usually not worn. You will see the color is not brown or bronze, but burgundy. A retired military man who now heads up the Veterans Memorial Museum in Huntsville, Al. and also has had several Blazers come through the museum told me this. My seats were worn and looked brown. He told me to buy some "SEMS" brand "burgundy 15063" vinyl spray paint to make them look new. He was right. I cleaned the side panels, seats and new dash pad. The sprayed them. It took one 12 oz. can and they all look brand new. So far it has not worn off. It amazed me how good this stuff was. I got the SEMS coating at a local car parts store that specializes in car interior paint and parts called Bond Brothers in Birmingham, Al. Costs $12 a can. I have seen it on many websites, Use google and type in SEMS burgundy 15063.

Iron Mike

Take a piece of your vinyl or if desired in canvas?

Send a piece of the best sample of vinyl from your seatback, for a color match to: www.keystonbros.com and tell them whether you want Canvas or vinyl, they will send you enough to redo the seat. Just remove your old bench and drop it off at your fav upholsterers. Out in caleefornya, it's about $150 per bench.

1956_4x4

Now to some folks the name of the color might not matter too much. When it comes to us color blind people, the name can be pretty darn important. I could really care less about the color, but I catch hell from the rest of the family if things don't match.

This is coming from a guy that will pull over for a tow truck at night, because it just might be an ambulance...

Smitty

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks