• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seat recovering Question

panzerjunky

When you fellas are recovering your passenger bench seat do you keep the springs and use a thin high resiliancy foam over the springs or Nix the springs completely and go with a 4" thick piece of high resiliancy foam.
Thanks Jerry
Yes I spelled resiliancy wrong sorry

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I kept the springs and added high density automotive seat foam and used a NOS vinyl cover from Tedstrucks or IMP,don't remember. I used para cord to tie it up.

dragonwagon

I just did this job , I left the springs and at walmart i found 2" thick material , it came in rather small squares . Took 2 of them side by side then a small trim job , put the canvas cover back on and laced it up . It was cheap and im very happy with it .

The material i found was some sort of pad for lawn furniture , was not foam but some other type material . Any way , it sits pretty good now . Cost was 16 bucks .

panzerjunky

Thanks for the info
My springs were bent out a bit and were rubbing through the front of the seat cover so I have already pulled the springs in prep to fix them in the process i just got a 4" thick piece of High R foam. I will try that
while I fix the springs if it works I will let it ride if not I will do one of the above and re staple the springs to the seat bottom and cover with 2" foam. thanks for the input. As usual I wish I would have asked BEFORE i spent 55.00 on a hunk of HR foam You think I would have learned by now.
By the way got my canvas from Jtonka.........Not Bad I am very happy with it both seats and winter boots.
Thanks again Fellas
Jerry

y

Bill W

On my pass seat bottom I left everything plus added a 2" piece of foam. On the pass seat back I threw out the old matting and used a 3" piece of foam. I cut and trimmed the foam using the wifes electric carving knife, cut through that stuff like it was made for that purpose

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks