• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seats

HAWK101

Hi, Just wondering what was placed originally in between the seat springs and the canvas, to stop the springs eating into the canvas.
Horsehair, Burlap?????
Any help/advice is appreciated.

M-37Bruce

Both, the springs were wrapped & tied to each other, then the horse hair & burlap covering, finished w/ proper canvas, using hog rings or eyelet/and cord. Wee-Bee Webbing has both options, I did the eyelet and cord.

Attachments

3dAngus

I just pulled one out of storage that I ripped apart just prior to the Ga. Rally. There remains some small remants of horsehair, with a longer piece still hidden in the deep corner where the bottom and back meet.

I cannot recall specifically, but I thought I remember some foam being in this one as well, that I ripped out and tossed. Remants of the old canvas remain as well, where it was tied in place with manila rope of a very small diameter. Attached are pictures of the chair sold to me as a M-37 chair, but I cannot confirm it.

Attachments

Last edited:

M-37Bruce

Passenger base, 4" of dense foam, the Driver's base and back are tied-springs & horse hair. No foam on the Driver's seat or Passenger's Back.

HAWK101

Thanks fella's, its really appreciated.
I've managed to source a full spring set, so hoping to get my new seats in ASAP.
I got my canvas from Wee-Bee, with eyelet/cord like yours M-37Bruce, and have just finished my new pass seat base with foam, and installed in the truck.
So spring sections are next.

HAWK101

One more question, I forgot to mention in first post:roll:, was the Burlap and horsehair, hog ringed to the spring frames, to hold it in place.
Or was it placed in loose, only to be held in place once the canvas was placed over and tied down?
Thanks again.

M-37Bruce

Been a while, but I'm sure the strappin was tied in, the hog rings held the canvas cover to the wire frame. The burlap was a covering of the entire surface, then the od canvas.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks