• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Second Deuce makes it home

migz

My second Deuce made it home from Ft. Lewis today. The thing has a clutch problem, as a result I had it towed 100 miles from Tacoma. The clutch doesn’t seem to engage. There is pedal travel but nothing happens (no power transfer to the transmission) when the pedal is released. It acts like there is no friction plate. The odd thing about it is the DRMO guy told me he drove the truck to it’s final resting place in the yard before the tow truck driver picked it up. Has anyone else run into this problem? Are there a couple tricks to try prior to pulling the trans to see what the problem is?

Attachments

wsucougarx

Sorry to hear you had to have it towed. The truck looks great though. I'm just curious,what did they charge you per mile for a tow? When I did my FT Lewis deuce recovery last week that was always in the back of my mind. I plan on buying another deuce but would be good to know what folks charge for a tow.

I agree, that could be an easy one.
Also: if you see the drive shaft between the transmission and the transfercase rotating with engaged gear and released clutch, then its the transfercase.

migz

I thought that it would be the transfer case as well. I haven't put hands on the truck myself yet. I had it towed to my brother’s house in the area. The tow truck driver told me that he tried the T-case lever and nothing happened. I am wondering if he just isn't giving it enough umph to get it in low or high. Thanks for the suggestion that is the first thing I will look at. The tow bill was reasonable. The company charged me $4.00/mile with a $75.00 hookup fee. The company name is T Town towing. If I get another Deuce out of Ft. Lewis I would use them. I recommend them if you need to get stuff out of Ft. Lewis.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks