• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Second event of the season.

dmetalmiki

Well we heard about a 'Motor Fayre', With classic cars and 'things of interest' attending. So I get a phone call asking if our group could send something of interest. The older guys could not (really) be A...D! and I was not overly keen, NOT so the lads! (helpers) "We'll (all) take the Wrecker, your jeep, Ricks Deuce, the Goat, a jeep on an a bar (behind Rick), And your jeep on suspended tow with the wrecker." ..(Oh? all righty then, we respond) as they add, Then we (the kids) can 'play'! with the crane, and get to use the kit you keep promising. So, thus "enthused" we duly opened the barn at 8pm, Nice weather, and before we could shake a stick (or two even)..the lads had the jeeps started, the vehicles were removed which were needed to get at the goat and wrecker, then the deuce. The lad on "assignment" used the crane to help suspend the jeep, then fit up the 'A'" bar with the other one. (Deuce.) The convoy drive was really enjoyed by all, And arrival at the show (heralded by the sirens (and effects on the M62)) created quite a stir and waves of appreciation from a large gathering. Once parked the unloading proceeded, And as the parents of the cadets were there (by invite) they WERE totally astonished to see the boys perform their tasks in such a competent manner. Not least as they had not a clue either could drive. So, just who was the most amazed, them, (the mums) and grand dad (ex military served) watching with camera [phones at the ready), OR the assembled crowd drawn to the activity! . And (for me) a real proud buz from the incredulous looks (and some clapping) as the kid then moved the wrecker and positioned it spot on in our display. including reversing.
The only sad bit for me was the driving and parking filmed on my camera did not record. Typical, and I only managed to get the crane assignment by "recovery software" later. The kids will post up video and pictures fortunately taken on parents phones later.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8y7QvfiL59Y

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks