• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Secondary side air leak

EO2NMCB

Truck is a M927 non abs. I can hear air leaking from the air intake. When I depress the treadle valve the leak goes away. I've checked break cans, Q2 Valve, valve under the step on driver side, no leaks into the vent lines and PPV valve, service rear glad hand had no leak. What am I missing? Tried downloading P2P could not get it to work. Only Secondary side is leaking, Primary side is fine.

EO2NMCB

I found my problem, I started at the vent lines from the air intake. Turned out to be a relay valve on the front drive axle.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Truck is a M927 non abs. I can hear air leaking from the air intake. When I depress the treadle valve the leak goes away. I've checked break cans, Q2 Valve, valve under the step on driver side, no leaks into the vent lines and PPV valve, service rear glad hand had no leak. What am I missing? Tried downloading P2P could not get it to work. Only Secondary side is leaking, Primary side is fine.
You answered your own question. Treadle vakge. It vents to the intake to release pressure. Lowest hose for the treadle valve in the firewall is the vent. Remove it and see if you have air there with the pedal not depressed

Your relay valve for the front tandem axle you mean?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks