• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Securing the LMTV

Aernan

Sorry another newbie question.

Looking at the photos of the M1078 I see the door handle has a lock but there is no key ignition. I also see chains on the floor in many of the auction photos.

How do you prevent people from stealing the vehicle?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Chain the steering wheel. or install your own anti theft, such as a fuel shutoff somewhere on the line. Especially if you leave it on your farm or something. I mean not many people are just going to be able to hop in an LMTV and start it. You can always move your start button somewhere hidden as well.

As always dump the air for the night, cause with the gawd awful buzzer it would wake the dead in a neighborhood going off when it starts up. Plus leave the tanks open so it cant build pressure unless they think to get out and close em.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
No. It just snaps You could always add two eyelits to either side and run a chain over the top of it and lock it down tight so the cover cant slide out.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of different solutions are available depending on your situation and use. I plan to install a heavy duty keyed switch rated for 24V. They are common on large earth moving equipment. I re-keyed the doors on my previous truck.

Right now I'm using the drained air tank method and relying on the ignorance of 99.9% of the population.