• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SEE/HMMH CARC paint

burquedoka

Hey guys, has anyone successfully matched their SEE or HMMH CARC paint with Rapco's spray touch up cans? Which of their colors works best for my green FLU? Previous owner got a little crazy with some black spray paint.
would it be the 383 CARC green substitute?

Last edited:

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a case of Rapco paints a while back, including two green variants. Tried the tan yesterday, and it matched well.
If the weather holds up I can try which green would be the closest. It would also depend on how faded your paint is, but as I recall, it's in good shape.
But if you pull a General Hood and wax it afterwards, the match may not be that critical.

Styk33

0 Star General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will have to look at home, but I have used the Rapco CARC spray cans for Tan, Green, and Brown and it is essentially impossible to tell what I sprayed from a can and from a gun. My wheels were the exception (for the tan), but I believe that is due to the heat from the hubs/brakes caused the tan color to be slightly darker on the wheel than what I sprayed on with the can. The rest of the truck, you cannot tell what I have "touched up" and what was from the gun.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep....another "proofread your work before hitting send" failure..... :oops:
My fingers don't always type what my brain thinks it is telling them.

Duly corrected

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks