• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seemingly unlocatable CTIS part

EricTheRed

A couple of pictures will help here. A friend used the rear tire as a step, slipped, and broke some sort of threaded (7/16" to 1/4") piece that screws into the wheel (turret valve?) and also connects the CTIS hose. I have been told that this piece is a valve stem, i.e. Schrader valve. I have been given a piece that threads perfectly to both sides and is the valve, but upon starting the truck and cycling the CTIS to Run-Flat, all the tires reach pressure perfectly, but this one does not. So, with everything connected, I used my glad hand hose and attempted to air the tire up from the manifold valve stem. Still no inflation. So, is this piece hollow in the middle and not actually a valve? Meaning: Can I drill the Schrader valve out that I was given, slip it in, and carry on? Or am I missing something here?

Attachments

klawrence

search for "5 ton valve" ebay there is a good picture of what should be there . A Schrader valve should screw in the end. at least that's what I did when I removed my CTIS.

EricTheRed

Valve removed, CTIS functions normally, tire holds pressure. Also rebuilt the throttle linkage while I was it it. Now to fix the oil pressure gauge, and start trying to figure out how to paint this beast. Also, any good references on how to wire in new light bars (24v) and a couple of 24v-to-12v 720w inverters?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks