• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seems to get getting fuel to start, but won't stay running.

comanderfritz

Excuse the title, I'm on my phone in the truck.

I cant seem to find this particular issue, most threads lead back to a glow plug issue, which I have ruled out. Last week I took the hmmwv to the dunes and beach and ran it pretty hard. Also got some salt on it, which I washed most of it off. A few days ago I started it up to make sure she was still good, all was A ok. Today I just went to start and problem. The glow plugs cycle then I go to start and she hits a few times and quits then won't turn over again. If I leave it in the run position for awhile she catches hard like there is a surplus of fuel then putters out. I figure this means the fuel pump works? When attempting to start with the fuel filter valve, open diesel streams out. Honestly acting like she's out of fuel. Could this be some sort of air line issue or something? I have been having problems with the air pressure in my hubs and I am not sure if the systems connect. Any help would be appreciated before I tear something apart I don't need too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

dohabandit

Run some seafoam/naptha through your MFI pump. Open up the solenoid cover and refill the reservoir with seafoam. Be careful with the metal fingers on the solenoid, they are sprung and have to go in the proper position when closing the cover back up. Do it incorrectly and you will bend them, then it won't run at all.