• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

seems to grind gears

profo

Anybody out there that has a SEE do you find that basically what I call 2nd and 3rd gears when in high and intermediate(air shift on stick up) in high and PTO off find that you have to grind gears to get it to shift. I found you also have to skip 2nd then go to 3rd ALMOST then back to 2nd to get it not to grind going into 2nd and the same for 3rd.?

Marty

peakbagger

I have not observed that with mine but it mostly run in lower gears, the manual does indicate that you should shift slow and actively try to engage the synchros while the clutch is down and begin let up.

Type of fluid in these transmissions can make a HUGE difference. Pick your snake oil of choice......but I have excellent results with both Redline and Amsoil. Preference being the Amsoil. It's to the point that marginal boxes can almost be considered acceptable....still helps to shift slow......

Cheers,

Scott

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks